Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 10:08:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost my appetit for Italian cold cuts, especially prescuitto  (Read 12888 times)
eyeboy

some say, he eats raw bacon for breakfast...

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 10:22:51 AM »

You freak!  I agree completely, the curiosity would get me. I had horse steak in France because it was available and I had to try.  I would be more concerned about the diet of the person I was eating.

there is a trendy place around the corner here that has several horse-meat dishes... the horse-carpaccio was actually pretty good.

i don't see what the deal is with eating horse... it's meat. i ate a very small chicken embryo thingie on a stick once in china, and the french love their pigs-feet. my girl had a pig-knuckle (at a place called 'au pied du cochon', lol) and it was pretty damn good. and we all eat mcdonalds, god knows what that is made from, soylent green maybe?

so, GO MEAT!!

Obfuscate! Obfuscate!

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the War Room.

There is nothing noble in being superior to some other man.  The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self. And in bacon. 
Mother
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 03:20:53 PM »

But when they're in poses, you don't get to stick your fingers in them.

Evil

Stop playing with your food
lucazuma
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 03:26:51 PM »

I used to love me some proscuitto.  I'd always have some fresh cut in the fridge.  Then my girlfriend and I went to see the Body Worlds exhibit at the local museum. 

...fixed it for ya...

altho, presciutto is a slang roman term, so...its good for me Smiley
Bun-bun

2002 M620 Dark ie

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 03:55:25 PM »

MMMmmm,

Proscuitto

Peperoncini

Sorpressata

And, of course,

Bacon!

"A fanatic is a man who does what he knows God would do, if only god had all the facts of the matter" S.M. Stirling
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2008, 04:22:08 PM »

HAHA my wife wanted to see it and I didn't for exactly that reason..... well that and I used to be on a FD and I've already seen enough of the human body to last me.... well, forever. Mmmmmmm soylent green yum, yum!  cheeky

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2008, 06:48:51 PM »

I saw it when it first came to NYC on opening day, and if you still have your ticket, you can get a refund for it. I kept the ticket for other reasons, but...

Mother, i suggest you ordering from this site, i am a regualr customer and can get you 10% of  Vino! tell them the he man sent you since their website has been taken down by anti man beef activist.  Wink

http://www.sjc.com/manbeef/

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Mother
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2008, 04:18:35 AM »

I saw it when it first came to NYC on opening day, and if you still have your ticket, you can get a refund for it. I kept the ticket for other reasons, but...

Mother, i suggest you ordering from this site, i am a regualr customer and can get you 10% of  Vino! tell them the he man sent you since their website has been taken down by anti man beef activist.  Wink

http://www.sjc.com/manbeef/

...so disappointing

desmopr

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2008, 07:51:35 AM »

ABC documentary about where the bodies come from.  Very interesting imo.  Warning:  Long and may be graphic/nsfw for some:  http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=4317227     popcorn

2001 Monster 750 (SOLD)
NeufUnSix

Masochistic Italophile

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2008, 08:13:44 AM »

I have no qualms with odd meat. I eat horsemeat regularly (it's cheap), I love squid and octopus, pigs feet are yummy, so are oreilles de crisse (literally "Christ's ears", deep fried pork cheeks). I'll try anything other than insects.

The way I see it, if you traveled to a theoretical nation where cannibalism was "legal" and common, but practiced in a non-violent manner (they eat people who have died, not murdered), would it really be immoral? In the context of that nation, it would not be a moral issue. In fact some groups practiced it as a sort of commemoration to the dead, a way to honour them in a funeral service (which created health issues because some of them died from contagious disease and would be eaten anyway). In such a context I'd happily try it - but I sure as hell wouldn't say I did in a Western society, because I would be viewed as evil and immoral in the context of their definition of morality. Always remember the narrow definition of morality that we hold, and how it shifts according to where you are. Even going from the US to Canada or vice versa produces vast changes in "moral" ideals.

"Why did my tractor just blow up?"
mstevens
Monsterless

No Monster of my own, but my wife has an '09 696

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2008, 12:11:36 PM »

I lost that sort of squeamishness when I was taking gross anatomy. My wife used to meet me in the lab for lunch, since she started out with less squeamishness than I did.

The hardest thing to get over was the smell during surgery when the electrocautery knife was used on rectus abdominis muscles. It smells EXACTLY like fajitas. It's creepy to find your mouth involuntarily watering at the smell of another person cooking.

2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring (Rosso Anniversary Ducati)
2009 Ducati Monster 696 (Giallo Ducati) - Sold
2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Rosso Anniversary Ducati) - Sold
2005 Vespa LX-150 (Rosso Dragone) - First Bike Ever

Casa Suzana, vacation rental house in Cozumel, Mexico
mstevens
Monsterless

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2008, 12:13:09 PM »

The way I see it, if you traveled to a theoretical nation where cannibalism was "legal" and common, but practiced in a non-violent manner (they eat people who have died, not murdered), would it really be immoral?

It would certainly be extremely unwise. That's a good way to contract a spongiform encephalopathy, which is very much a "not want" disease. Think kuru, CJD, nvCJD, etc.

NAKID

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2008, 08:19:00 PM »

The hardest thing to get over was the smell during surgery when the electrocautery knife was used on rectus abdominis muscles. It smells EXACTLY like fajitas. It's creepy to find your mouth involuntarily watering at the smell of another person cooking.

The smell from the bovie always made me hungry....

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
slowpoke13

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2008, 10:08:38 PM »

damn.. I hungry... Roomie's cooking right now.

To bad these Japanese ovens are soo small.

slowpokesan
bigiain
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2008, 11:21:20 PM »

It would certainly be extremely unwise. That's a good way to contract a spongiform encephalopathy, which is very much a "not want" disease. Think kuru, CJD, nvCJD, etc.

I suspect IZ's photographic technique might indicate some advanced symptoms of CJD already... Blurred vision, Lack of coordination, Muscle twitching, Myoclonic jerks or seizures...

Evil

big

mstevens
Monsterless

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2008, 05:17:00 AM »

Myoclonic jerks

Well, as long as you're calling HIM a myoclonic jerk and not me...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: