Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 07:22:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I remember when...  (Read 9798 times)
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 07:26:48 PM »

Congrats Mo waytogo

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
scott_araujo

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 09:56:23 AM »

Victor claimed he was going to build a cafe racer.
krolik

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 09:07:36 AM »

Victor claimed he was going to build a cafe racer.

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Cry

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

SR1K_Femme

TWINS Basil, TWINS!!

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 06:23:56 PM »

Oooooh, The "kill switch hit".. worst kind of 'hit' ever!!  Worse is when you can grab their key and chuck it! bwah ha ha!

"Why, so serious!?"
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2012, 04:26:38 PM »

Hahaha.. Rattling Dan was fun.  Grin Where is that cat these days?

Glad it was fun.

This cat is fighting cancer these days.

Chemo =  vomit

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
marvellous

I used to have a Titanium member...

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 08:28:01 AM »

Dude... u ok?

My baby Duc 'Cara' - 2006 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark Mods • CRG Lanesplitters • Rhinomoto Bar-end Sliders • DP Gel Seat • Dark Seat Cowl • 14t AFAM Light Front Sprocket • CompWerks Tailchop • Smoke Clear Alt Taillight Kit with Integrated Blinkers • Smoke Clear Alt Turnsignal Kit • QuatD Ceramic Coated ExBox Exhaust • Soon to be Mods • Carbon Hugger •
MendoDave
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 08:33:30 AM »

I remember when my mom had cancer a couple of years ago.

I miss her.
duc_fan

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 03:07:01 PM »

Dude... u ok?

Doing alright now.   Surgery was major, but successful, and I'm healing well.  Did my first cycle of follow-up chemo, and the second cycle starts tomorrow.  Each cycle is an infusion of Oxaliplatin followed by two weeks of a chemo pill called Xeloda (capecitabine, which the metabolizes into the chemo drug 5-flouroracil, or 5-FU), then a week of recovery before the next cycle starts.  The side effects of Oxi are less than pleasant, but not unmanageable.  The Xeloda sucketh.  Upset stomach, fatigue, and a slow buildup of neuropathy.  Thankfully the neuropathy usually goes away within a few days to a week or stopping the Xeloda.

This is considered insurance policy or mop-up chemo.  Surgery got everything (we think), but two lymph nodes tested positive (out of 16 they removed).  The chemo is intended to blast the system and kill any other loose cancer cells that may be floating around.

----

I remember when... cancer seemed a distant and academic threat.  Then my grandmother died from it.  And a good friend from Iowa.  Then another close family friend beat it.  Then another friend died from it.  Then I got diagnosed, and people who have suffered from it came out of the woodwork.  It's very real now.  Makes living life to the fullest that much more important, ya know?  People wonder why I ride motorcycles and fly airplanes... "isn't that dangerous?"  Yeah, sure it is.  But why on earth would I want to die a safe, slow, decaying death when I can go ride and fly and enjoy life to the fullest?  There's nothing like dragging a knee while riding a handcrafted Italian exotic, or flying an airplane to a mountain airport on some island in the Pacific.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 03:56:25 AM »

That was tough^.  Cry

Crazy how I woke up early..just laying here..with a jacked up back (again)..looking at my 1 y/o son and thinking how I need to live long for him because my mom had cancer (beat it 14 years so far), dad is dealing with glaucoma and grandfather died of a heart attack. So, im prone to a few things. Then I just happen to click on this thread out of the blue. I think we all need an eye opener once in awhile and that was mine today.  

When my mom got breast Cancer, I dropped my plans to attend grad school out west to go back home to MI and be close to her when she went through the surgery.  I blocked shaving her head after the chemo out of my mind. That brings tears to my eyes now.  I can only imagine what youve gone through though Dan. Sometimes my siblings and I wonder WTH my mom is thinking when she does or doesn't do things. We have to think that we haven't been where she has.. Fighting for life..so we have no right to question her actions.

Cheers to life Dan!  Hope everything just keeps getting better!!  chug

Oops..almost forgot! I remember when I moved up to the PNW in 2007. It was a beautiful place..until it started to rain.  Embarrassed TripleJ helped me unload the truck and another guy (name slips my mind) welcomed me to the region with a new rain suit to ride in.  Little did I know just how opposite Kirkland was vs. AZ and the sunny beaches of South Florida where I was living. Anyway, I remember meeting everyone in Seattle/DucSea and in the PDX. All a great bunch of folks.  What a beautiful place with awesome riding. It's finally out of the 100s in Austin and been raining for 2 days now. The endless heat is making me miss the rainy days up that way. Who knows..maybe the PNW deserves another shot?!   waytogo
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:16:17 AM by IZ » Logged

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
Mac_48

I Ride: a 2005 S2R 800 (sold)

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2012, 08:48:35 PM »

I remember when I saw my monster for the last time being ridden by the guy who I sold it to... exactly two years, one month, three days, 8 hours and 19 minutes ago... I miss riding, can you tell?  Tongue  I haven't been able to get the money together for a new bike due to a number of reasons but I drop by here every once in a while and tell myself that I will be able to ride again when things get sorted out.  I'm probably 3 years out at least but I can at least look at the pic threads while I wait Tongue
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:56:09 PM by Mac_48 » Logged

This site is bad for me.....It makes me want to spend thousands of dollars that I do not have XD
scott_araujo

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 06:03:02 PM »

If there's one thing I learned here it's that everyone misses their Monster when it leaves, no matter how that comes about.  Don't be a snob though.  You can always get an older bike in rideable shape for less than $1000.  It may not have the feel of a Monster but riding beats not riding any day.

Here's hoping you're riding again soon Smiley
MendoDave
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 08:20:33 PM »

When candy bars were a quarter and I could get 4 for a dollar. when the raised the price it messed my stuff all up.
duc_fan

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 10:00:29 PM »

If there's one thing I learned here it's that everyone misses their Monster when it leaves, no matter how that comes about.  ...

I miss my 900SS.  I'd probably buy it back if I ever saw it come up for sale.  Every now and again I'm tempted to e-mail the buyer and ask if I can buy it back.  Before owning one, I thought they were kinda ugly.  But that bugger grew on me, and now I miss it dearly.  Cry  The Cagiva is fun and a helluva lot more comfortable and makes all the right noises (it's a 900 Duc mill breathing through Remus pipes, almost exactly like my SS).  But... the 900SS became beautiful to me, and I loved the way it carved corners.

It may not have the feel of a Monster but riding beats not riding any day.

Here's hoping you're riding again soon Smiley

Amen and amen.  Dolph

MendoDave
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2012, 08:34:35 AM »

When Gangham style was all the rage.
krolik

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2012, 09:01:14 AM »

When motorcycle calendars had women with the bikes:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: