Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 30, 2024, 01:13:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S2R800 Died. Electrical. No charge on new battery after short ride.  (Read 3684 times)
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 05:38:39 PM »

The charging circuit is pretty well isolated from the rest of the bike.  If the bike made it home without blowing the fuse and your bike is charging chances are you are in good shape.  Full output and the fuse are close to the same and the fuse had age on it.

Thanks for the reassurance. This is the conclusion I came to this evening after running tests on the charging components. The stator checked out great, and the voltage regulator is keeping the battery charge at about 14.3 at 2500rpm, and 14.6 at 5000rpm, and no higher than that near red-line.

Hopefully the fuse was just ready to go, and I'm sure the backwards battery didn't help.

Going to try and get PLENTY of riding in before the 1000 mile trip through NY this year.

Once again, THANK YOU DMF for your endless resources and help. I wish I could find time to come to one of the big meets, I always feel like I'm missing out :/

Howie, Suzy, and those unmentioned — thanks a million!

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: