Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 02:17:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet in the middle ride?  (Read 4079 times)
The Architect

« on: April 12, 2012, 05:10:50 AM »

This year I said "I'm going to ride more this year!"  I find it's easier to accomplish when going on group rides.  One ride I enjoy is the meet in the middle ride.

Copied from another site:

Hi guys, our annual Meet in the Middle ride will be on Sunday May 20th this year, and it will be the 5 yr anniversary of this ride.

For those who haven't been we  ride from several corners of New England and met for an excellent BBQ lunch at  Curtis' BBQ  in Putney VT. This is an excellent place to hang out and chat with your fellow Ducati enthusiasts.  Riders of other makes are welcome too, it will give us a chance to show them the light. Afterwards you can head home or hook up with others to take advantage of some local knowledge of some great New England Roads. We'll be meeting  at Curtis's around Noon. 

Because this time of year gets busy, with Mothers Day the weekend before and Memorial day weekend the following week, we will do this ride on this date rain or shine as always.  So this should give you plenty of time to plan ahead and hopefully we'll see many of you out there !

Listed below are the rides from the different parts of New England. We are in early stages of planning this and still need some leaders. I will update this initial post of this thread with updated meeting times and routes for each ride as I get more information. If you'd like to lead one of the open rides, please pm me and we can work out the details. Also contact the ride leader if you plan on going, this way they have an idea of who's going. Its also fine to come on your own and just meet us there.

Conn/Western Mass Route I'll be leading and will provide more details soon. I'll be leaving from Southern CT.

New Hampshire Route Ted will be leading

Maine Route

Vermont Route

Rhode Island Route

Oz

End of copy.

I can speak for the NH ride.  Ted typically leads them.  He typical presides all the roads leading to and from Curtis' (he knows where he's going and what to expect) and he keeps and good pace.

And the food is certainly worth the ride!

Hope to see some of you guys there,
Frank

The Architect

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 02:30:11 AM »

http://nedoc.org/forums/index.php?topic=3197.0

Ducatamount

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »

I'll see y'all at Curtis' if I can make it.

half fast
Charlief

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 05:57:10 PM »

I definitely want to hit this...all the other years it rained 

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 02:31:30 AM »

How was it?

It was a beautiful day.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Ducatamount

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 02:53:34 AM »

Better then a dam.  Wink

half fast
PhilB
Scruffy Duc

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 06:08:08 AM »

It was excellent.  I did about 300 miles round trip.  We had about a dozen Ducs on the NH route going out there.  At the end there were about 100 bikes there, about 2/3 were Ducs.  The BBQ was pretty good.  The weather was great.  5 of us rode in a group going back on the fun roads again.

PhilB

1993 Ducati M900 Monster "Patina" (203,000 miles, so far) -- 1995 Ducati M900 (wife's bike) -- 1972 Honda CB450 (daughter's bike) -- 1979 Vespa P200 (daughter's scoot) -- 1967 Alfa Romeo GT Jr. (1300cc) -- 1964 Vespa GS160 (160cc 2-stroke) -- 1962 Maicoletta scooter (275cc 2-stroke) -- 1960 Heinkel Tourist 103A1 scooter "Elroy" (175cc 4-stroke)
The Architect

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 05:14:42 AM »

Good ride!

Good food!

Good times! 

Hope the weather is just as good next year.

Charlief

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 04:44:12 PM »

yup...lots of fun.

Nick and I made record time going home!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: