Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 06:26:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Look for a bike on Island, or ship one in?  (Read 3409 times)
djrashonal

« on: May 17, 2012, 07:57:36 PM »

So we're moving to the Island in a month (to the day!) and the Mil will moving our stuff over. I'm trying to figure out if I can find a decent bike on the island, or if I should have the Mil ship one over with our stuff (that means making a hasty purchase within the next month, when I normally take my time).

I'd be looking for an old mid-70s honda CB cafe racer, and a late 90s early 00s M900 dark or a S2R800 Dark.

I check the Honolulu craigslist now and again and dont find much, but I figured I'd ask here, as there are many here who check the ads a lot more than me.

01 SSSSSSS4 - Sold
'09 Triumph Bonneville
S2R800 dark - searching for
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:55:06 PM »

Good luck on the old Hondas. You'd have a fairly hard time finding something worthwhile like that on the mainland and they are practically non-existent over here. I friend of mine was selling his 1000 Monster on CL a few weeks ago. Don't know if it sold or not but I can vouch for that bike. It's an on and off market here.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Thermite

It's not my brain that's getting fried here!

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 10:38:02 PM »

My experience is that you'll have better luck finding late-model machines here.  Thanks to the military shipping people in and out there's a regular supply of reasonable cost machines available.  A little patience on CL can get you a good ride at a decent price.

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.
djrashonal

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 07:43:31 AM »

Thanks! I'll poke around and try to pick up a cb here and ship it, then scour CL for a Duc when I get to the Island

01 SSSSSSS4 - Sold
'09 Triumph Bonneville
S2R800 dark - searching for
zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 07:42:50 PM »

You're in luck my friend, I just so happen to be selling my 2005 S2R Dark! Just listed it today.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/3038674644.html

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: