Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 11:30:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone up for a long-ish ride leaving early-ish Sunday morning?  (Read 4087 times)
Dietrich

« on: June 25, 2008, 02:07:44 PM »

Just putting a feeler out here.  A couple of us are planning to ride up to Flagstaff for breakfast Sunday morning, leaving the North valley no later than 5 AM.  Right now the plans would put us back in Phoenix as early as ~1/2pm, but could go to 4/5 pm depending on the route/stops.  Any interest?

[moto]

Dietrich

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 03:55:20 PM »

Forgot to mention that 75% of this ride will be in the 70's-80's temp range, and looking at total mileage of around 400.

NAKID

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »

I would LOVE to, but we are going out of town this weekend for the last time before we leave to see Amanda's family...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
alansean

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 07:40:51 PM »

Sure, I'll meet up with you somewhere in Prescott. Just let me know where.

At least I have a positive attitude about my destructive habits.
Dietrich

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 09:38:51 AM »

Sure, I'll meet up with you somewhere in Prescott. Just let me know where.

That'll work.  Still working out some details, but we can meet you in the town square at a coffee shop or something, and then head on out through Jerome, Sedona, and up Oak Creek Canyon to Flagstaff.  I know a breakfast stop on the south side of the tracks that should work if we get there early enough. 

Stay tuned...

pennyrobber

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 01:57:33 PM »

I am in as long as we are leaving at a ridicoulusly early hour. I love the morning.  vomit

Men face reality and women don't. That's why men need to drink. -George Christopher
alansean

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 09:50:28 AM »

Any plans yet, ETA into Prescott?  coffee meet at St. Micheal's, the Raven or Starbuck's in downtown?
Stay away from Hwy 69. Evil  Stick to 89 to 89A. waytogo

That'll work.  Still working out some details, but we can meet you in the town square at a coffee shop or something, and then head on out through Jerome, Sedona, and up Oak Creek Canyon to Flagstaff.  I know a breakfast stop on the south side of the tracks that should work if we get there early enough. 

Stay tuned...

Dietrich

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 10:20:22 AM »

Working out a route/map right now, but will have to post it up later.  Here's the plan:

Meet at the Chevron (4 Sons Food Store) at the North West corner of I-17 & Carefree Hwy(Sr 74) at 4:45.  Kickstands up at 5 am!!!

We should be in downtown Prescott by 7:30 am.  We'll park on the West side of the courthouse and plan on grabbing a coffee at the little coffee shop on the North West corner of the square. 

Stay tuned...

alansean

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 10:35:13 AM »

We should be in downtown Prescott by 7:30 am.  We'll park on the West side of the courthouse and plan on grabbing a coffee at the little coffee shop on the North West corner of the square. 

That's the St. Micheal's.  waytogo Flea and I will meet you there!

Bonus, my Monster is finally ready to ride Grin, thanks to Adam and Matt at Encore Performance  applause. So i can ride it instead of the Cagiva. Not sure what Flea will ride, since now she has her own Monster and a Cagiva GC!

Dietrich

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 04:28:52 PM »

Cool, see you there!

Here's a link to the entire route:

Pheonix peeps: Meet at the Chevron (4 Sons Food Store) at the North West corner of I-17 & Carefree Hwy(Sr 74) at 4:45.  Kickstands up at 5 am!!!

Up through Jerome, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, to breakfast in Flagstaff.

From there we take Lake Mary Road south to th 87 to Strawberry (Prescott peeps can peel off there?).

We'll continue into Payson and back into the valley on the 87 to Fountain Hills.

NAKID

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 07:58:18 PM »

Man that looks like a fun route! I wish I could join you, but I'm in Cali right now...

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
Dietrich

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 04:06:00 PM »

Home.

Man, what a great first 4/5 of a day, made the last part all worth it.  Gotta pay to play I always say.  We had cool temps and mostly clear roads up to Prescott.  Had some coffee and headed on to Flag through Jerome, Sedona, and Oak Creek Canyon for some yummy breakfast.  Then it was still pretty good temps down Lake Mary Road to the 87 South to Strawberry.  Payson started warming up, and of course we hit the flaming wall of hell on the run back into Phoenix.  The forecast had a chance of thunderstorms, but we saw none, just a couple dark clouds here and there.

I tried out a new "beat the heat" device for the ride called a cool-dana, which is a small neckband filled with gel that you soak in water.  It worked great!  Definitely had my neck thinking it was at least 20 degrees cooler.  I got this lifesaver at a local shop called Renegade (http://www.renegadeclassics.com/locations/Phoenix.html) for a cool $5.  Priceless.

Flagstaff:

« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:49:35 PM by Dietrich » Logged

alansean

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 04:11:33 PM »

I concur.

A great ride, nice weather, and like your trip we hit the open oven coming into Camp Verde. But as we headed back into Prescott it became a bit more bearable.

Good to be home and get a cool shower.

Great ride, thank you for the trip plan and the great breakfast spot.

We will do it again soon.

Alan

Dietrich

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 05:43:45 PM »

alansean

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 07:36:29 PM »

ROTFLMFHO

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: