Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 02:56:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good reputable places to buy bikes?  (Read 3390 times)
havok151

« on: May 24, 2012, 03:17:34 AM »

Hey everybody! So I'm new on here and no I don't have a Duc yet, I am currently looking for one as we speak. Here's my dilemma, I called up Seattle Ducati and the guy I talked to didn't seem too interested in selling bikes... now I know that I wasn't there in front of him, but I would still think there would be some sort of excitement when someone calls about wanting to purchase a brand new bike.

So here I am wondering if there is anywhere else that should go look, before going back there. I am currently looking for a 2010 or newer Monster 1100 I would prefer a new one with the ABS and DTC unless someone can explain that it's not worth the cost. Any help you guys can throw my way would be great!

sofadriver

An analog man in a digital world

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 04:19:24 AM »

I rode to Seattle Duc on Saturday to get my valves, etc. serviced so I spent the whole day there (had to wait for the bike to get cool to do the valves).
I'd guess I saw close to 100 people come in and stroke the salesmen about buying a bike. You shouldn't be too surprised that they don't get all excited about some guy on the phone.

There's the dealer up north, Brothers Motosports in Bremerton (STAY AWAY !) and Ducati of Bellevue. MotorCorsa in Portland is the largest Duc dealer in the US.

For me, it's Seattle Duc. They are a small, one marque dealer. Unlike all the others, they don't have other brands to fall back on. They either do it right or they go out of business. You can test ride anything you want. Great mechanics there, too.

Mike in Tacoma
'08 S2r 1000 - Red on Red
'96 900 SS/SP
'02 ST4s (gone but not forgotten)

IBA 38181
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 08:35:07 AM »

MotoCorsa has always been good to me. Yes they are a multi line dealer, but the other lines are Aprilla & MV Augusta. Ducati is their main line.

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
scott_araujo

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 02:04:08 PM »

This is the used inventory at Moto Corsa:
http://www.portlandusedbikes.com/

Scott
havok151

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 01:48:54 AM »

Thanks for the heads up guys! I guess I'll be making a trip to both motorcorsa and to Seattle Duc and see which place works with me the best. Thanks for the input! popcorn
TobyDanger

2007 S2R800

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 04:36:20 PM »

Closer to Tacoma in Seattle you have both Ducati Seattle and Ducati Bellevue and both are great dealers.

http://www.ducatibellevue.com/
http://www.ducatiseattle.com/

Motorcorsa is very nice, but quite a bit farther in Portland.  I'm sure they deal with it a lot but there might be more red tape with buying/licensing/titling a bike from out of state.

If Portland isn't too far from you, you might also look at http://www.skagitpowersports.com/

-Toby

-=TobyDanger=-

"@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"
take risks
She gagged on my

you can go faster

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 09:55:25 PM »

The mechanics at Seattle Ducati are super helpful.

2000 VFR 800 - wrecked
2007 Ducati Monster 695
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: