Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 07:48:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **SIGH***  (Read 3897 times)
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« on: June 26, 2008, 11:34:41 AM »

As we get more and more into the riding season, I'm becoming more frustrated that I can't ride. Plans are being made for a beach ride this weekend that I can't participate in, I'm sure there will be plenty more rides this summer as well that I will have to miss out on. There are 2 women's wrenching clinics coming up and I've been forbidden to ride to them to work on my own bike. I know that I only have a couple more months to go but after I'm ready to get back in the saddle again it will be winter and I don't have any winter riding gear.

Just wanted to vent. It's really getting me down today.

Darkhorse den mother
jdubbs32584
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 11:49:32 AM »

As we get more and more into the riding season, I'm becoming more frustrated that I can't ride. Plans are being made for a beach ride this weekend that I can't participate in, I'm sure there will be plenty more rides this summer as well that I will have to miss out on. There are 2 women's wrenching clinics coming up and I've been forbidden to ride to them to work on my own bike. I know that I only have a couple more months to go but after I'm ready to get back in the saddle again it will be winter and I don't have any winter riding gear.

Just wanted to vent. It's really getting me down today.

Hang in there hon. Not too much longer.

Can Mo take your bike to the clinic and you take a cage?
Shortie
Do not underestimate the power of stupid.

No longer hangin_biposto! :D

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 11:53:15 AM »

Neenja honey,

I'm pretty sure I would be frustrated as well. It sucks missing out on things that you really want to participate in. But when you think about why you can't ride, try to think about the reason why instead of just being bummed about it. You can't ride because your body is protecting an awesome little miracle, and that should also give you a sense of pride.

How far away is the wrenching clinic? None of your friends could get the bike there for you so you can at least participate?

Street - 1991 GSF 400 Bandit
Dirt - 1972 Chaparral ST80

Welcome to cats  Cool

So cute and small.

Such terrible things come out of them  Lips Sealed

www.pbase.com/mcharest
Betty Rage

hater

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 04:46:24 PM »

Thanks for the encouraging words. Is it possible to get prepartum baby blues?  cheeky

I think I am just hormonal too, I feel fat, I can't ride, I can't drink my sorrows away, none of my clothes fit any more, I'm apprehensive about the WHOLE thing in general.

I am mostly happy but I just have my days where things just suck in general.

Darkhorse den mother
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 04:55:39 PM »

Hang in there girlie... you're going to be a mommy!
mcgalinmd

Where's that Ketchup? Tailight is waiting!

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 07:01:26 PM »

Let's fast forward to 13 years from now (that's where I am).....

Your child is 13 years old.  You've just rode around town two up on the scoot, and you've stopped for dinner or some ice cream.  Someone at a traffic light rolls down the window and hollers "that's too cool - mom and her kid!!".

Top 5 reasons you love motorcycles and have a kid:

5. Buying gear for a younger one.  They can wear anything and get away with it.
4. Could your head ever fit in a XXXS helmet?
3. The back seat is perfect for a smaller person - not someone 32 and 5"7 and 175lbs. Sad
2. Imagine the pride when your little one can spell "Ducati" before Suzuki??!!
1.  You'll be the COOLEST mom on the block - when your kid says "My mom rides a motorcyle - what does your mom do??""

Get through the first few years...mine was on the bike at just short of 6, and we've never looked back.   waytogo

Can you imagine a world without a Ducati???  I think it's called Hell. Smiley
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 02:41:25 AM »

Let's fast forward to 13 years from now (that's where I am).....

Your child is 13 years old.  You've just rode around town two up on the scoot, and you've stopped for dinner or some ice cream.  Someone at a traffic light rolls down the window and hollers "that's too cool - mom and her kid!!".

Top 5 reasons you love motorcycles and have a kid:

5. Buying gear for a younger one.  They can wear anything and get away with it.
4. Could your head ever fit in a XXXS helmet?
3. The back seat is perfect for a smaller person - not someone 32 and 5"7 and 175lbs. Sad
2. Imagine the pride when your little one can spell "Ducati" before Suzuki??!!
1.  You'll be the COOLEST mom on the block - when your kid says "My mom rides a motorcyle - what does your mom do??""

Get through the first few years...mine was on the bike at just short of 6, and we've never looked back.   waytogo

applause applause applause
excellent post Smiley

mcgalinmd

Where's that Ketchup? Tailight is waiting!

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 02:58:48 AM »

Thanks for the kudos, but forgot to add one, guess the list should have been 6:

6. It's a hoot when your child says "go faster" - and you're already doing 100mph!

BTW, I wrote that pretty  drink drunk after coming home from the minor league ball game last night - $1.25 drafts on TH.  Yippee!!  chug

Can you imagine a world without a Ducati???  I think it's called Hell. Smiley
dolci

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 04:43:49 AM »

Awesome post Mcgalinmd! 

I know how frustrated you are;  I can well remember not being able to do all the things I wanted to do the summer I was pregnant - we lived on the water and I couldn't waterski, jetski, nothing mostly but sit on the dock.  It will pass. 

And you will have the coolest kid.  My daughter is 9  now and her friends all thing it's amazing that her mommy rides a motorcycle.  She proudly wears her ducati shirts to school and camp and explains to other kids what ducati is. 

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing; however, they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
Betty Rage

hater

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 06:57:31 AM »

These posts made me smile. I needed that ladies.

Like I said, it's probably just baby blues without the baby. When I see him kicking through my shirt, my bitterness melts away.  Kiss

Darkhorse den mother
m0t0g0th

.:GoneFeral:.

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 02:14:24 PM »

Like I said, it's probably just baby blues without the baby. When I see him kicking through my shirt, my bitterness melts away.  Kiss

from my last pregnant friend at work: Baby Golf, put a ping-pong ball on your belly button and see how far it goes when the little one is on a roll.

A red traffic light means:
  • Incoming missiles
  • Stop
  • You win! Speed through the intersection to claim your reward!
mbalmer

Ready to ride

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 03:42:25 PM »

How far along are you?? I really liked being pregnant. I liked having babies/young children. (I could do without the teenage part of it though). My kids are old and still think it's cool their mom rides a Ducati. My students (sixth grade) think it's way awesome. They even think my beat-up, bruised bike is "fancy." You will have a lot of fun being the "cool" mom with a moto. This pregnant part will pass quickly. Enjoy it for what it is. It's easier to babysit now than when he is out.

Like the other poster said, if you have a way to get to the wrenching clinic and have someone to bring your bike for you that would be a great distraction and learning experience.

Is it June yet?
dolci

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 06:12:11 PM »

It's easier to babysit now than when he is out.

Truer words were never spoken.  And it will be easier when he is in a bouncy seat or equivalent than when he is mobile. 

BUT - enjoy each part of it. It will start to go quickly.  Heck, I can't believe mine is 9.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing; however, they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: