Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 04:42:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We should just change the name of this place to the Docwong forum...  (Read 48776 times)
slower than...

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 03:43:38 PM »

Sorry if I don't usually post here, but afterall, my Sport Classic isn't even a Monster.   laughingdp  We do share the Ducati expanding gas tank problem tough.   Roll Eyes

There is a Ducati Bike Night in Emeryville tomorrow night (July 18th).  Hopefully at least a dozen bikes will show.  Be nice if some of you folks would come out and join us.

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7392833&postcount=1

Blinged out Yellow '06 SportClassic Sport 1000 monoposto

New to me '02 Monster S4 Senna

Sweet Red '99 750 SuperSport Half-Fairing
MendoDave
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 05:00:01 PM »

Sorry if I don't usually post here, but afterall, my Sport Classic isn't even a Monster.   laughingdp  We do share the Ducati expanding gas tank problem tough.   Roll Eyes

There is a Ducati Bike Night in Emeryville tomorrow night (July 18th).  Hopefully at least a dozen bikes will show.  Be nice if some of you folks would come out and join us.

No body cares if you don't own a Monster, Unless you plan on spending most of your time in tech, and you own a Yamaha, and keep asking questions about it. Otherwise Post up some pics of your Sport Classic. I think there's even a thread about cool Italian Bikes currently running. Here... http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=34105.new;topicseen#new

sfarchie

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2012, 01:17:25 AM »

I admit, I rarely visit here. I'm also on ducati.ms and barf, but rarely go there, too. Facebook is to blame. Many of the members here are on fb and I can get all the rides info there. Plus, I can never make any of the zeitgeist meets anymore. But I can actually make it to Emeryville today, so I hope to catch up/meet new riders there.

Ray
SFaRChie
'10 Streetfighter, '01 KTM Duke II, '09 M1100S (RIP), '08 Vespa GTS 250,'58 Vespa Allstate (RIP), M696 (sold)
MendoDave
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 07:37:00 AM »

It's interesting about facebook. I finally broke down and got an account so that I could have a Page for my Business. What I find though is that I really don't like FB at all. I feel that its messy and disorganized and I have to be notified of every stupid thing somebody else does on their page. Usually I couldn't care less what they are posting up. (Although Cosmo Posted this cool photo I kind of like, I guess it doesn't show here)

But it does seem to be popular with millions of users, I just don't understand why.
mostrobelle

1994 M900, in red, of course...

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 08:03:06 AM »

I'm with you on FB, Dave.  The static-to-noise ratio is just too high.  For the small bits of information that I find useful, there's too much crap to wade through.  Of course the same could be said of the forums, but at least I get to choose the level of crap I have to deal with.  Some days I'm only up for ankle-depth, other times I'm in over my head. 

94,500 miles...05/22/15
MendoDave
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 08:46:35 AM »

I'm with you on FB, Dave.  The static-to-noise ratio is just too high.  For the small bits of information that I find useful, there's too much crap to wade through.  Of course the same could be said of the forums, but at least I get to choose the level of crap I have to deal with.  Some days I'm only up for ankle-depth, other times I'm in over my head. 

Yes you get to choose and it's all nicely laid, out instead of being a product result of the MTV 5 second attention span generation.
B.Rock

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 01:11:13 PM »

About 5 months now.  I got a Ninja 250 like everyone told me, but after about 700 miles, it feels like I've reached the limits of what I can do with the bike.  Yeah, yeah, I know that it doesn't seem like a lot of miles, but I'm a pretty athletic person and pick things up quickly.

So I'm looking for a second bike -- Streetfighter or older S4Rs or something.  My friends keep trying to talk me into the R1, but I'm pretty sure there's more pussy in it for me if I go Italian. Anyone know of any bikes for sale locally?  

Also, does anyone have recommendations for some riding gloves?  I got a sweet replica lid and jacket, but the wind goes right up my jacket sleeves if I wear my wool gloves.  

BTW, are you a girl?  
applause
That was excellent.

Nobody wants to hear about me riding my finicky old superbike down I-680 or it being in the shop three times.

Cali - where I lay my Mac down.
MendoDave
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 02:07:05 PM »

Yes we do.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 09:35:37 PM »

I got sick of it and deactivated my account.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »

BTW, I am back to Monster ownership.  1998 M900. Yellow.  Dolph

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
r_ciao

My first Ducati.

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »

waytogo

'09 Monster 696+ Red, of course.
EvoTech Tail Tidy, SpeedyMoto frame sliders, 14T front sprocket
r_ciao

My first Ducati.

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2012, 09:41:50 PM »

How did the single parantage come about, and how is it going now?
Glad I was married.
Happier to get divorced from her.
Happy now just being a dad, but really want for the next and last Mrs. ciao.

'09 Monster 696+ Red, of course.
EvoTech Tail Tidy, SpeedyMoto frame sliders, 14T front sprocket
MendoDave
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 07:13:19 AM »

waytogo
Jaman

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 07:31:06 AM »

waytogo  any sidecar action for the little one?  Smiley

Hubby still driving a tractor?
MendoDave
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2012, 08:23:25 AM »

I got sick of it and deactivated my account.

I think I'm going to do the same thing. There is no benefit to me in having an account.
(If only I could figure out how to do it)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:36:28 AM by Mendo Dave » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: