Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 01:14:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Levis aren't gear  (Read 5161 times)
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »

Funny story... Was at a wedding this weekend and talking to this girl at my table.  Cool girl, she rides a dr and she was showing me these pics of a friend of hers that she took.  Friend went down and she took some pics... The pics from that article.  Turns out she's friends with the hell for leather guy and I recognized them from that post.

Offhand if you're wondering why some guy let some girl take pics of his rashed up butt... She also happens to be a eastern European model. And yes, she's hot. Haha

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
memper

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 09:19:56 PM »

If ya ain't got pics it didn't happen...

"Calling a bikini fairing on a monster a fairing is like calliing a girl in an actual bikini proper work attire....unless shes a stripper." -He Man

-----------------------------------------
Important: always check your battery filter and regularly change your headlight fluid.
Bianca

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »

Perhaps a manufacturer should make a thinner weight leather armored pant with a layer of Kevlar fabric to tone down the Storm Trooper look of full leathers...

I'll be first in line for those as long as they don't cost a thousand bucks! You need to manufacture a pair, memper! Seriously, you think that men's jeans are thinner now? Cop a feel of some women's jeans. I might as well be wearing nothing if I take a fall in those! I'm wearing my leathers most of the time -- 'cept Thursdays, when I don't have anywhere to change... and weekends... and some evenings, like tonight when I went out for udon... and...
tuxicle

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 06:54:07 AM »

Cop a feel of some women's jeans.

I tried that. My cheek still stings...  Grin

OP: that looks awful, I didn't think rash from 35 mph would look that bad. I mostly ride like the guy in TFA, a fabric armored jacket and jeans or Dickies work pants. I should look in to knee pads and Kevlar.

2008 M695
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 06:55:59 AM »

35 is pretty quick when you're sliding on it. Ever crash your bicycle as a kid and get rashed up? And that was probably 15 mph...

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 09:03:57 PM »

True, but even with all your gear you can get make the beast with two backsed up on the street.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 10:46:12 AM »

Ouch. Painful yo watch.  Yes, no mount of gear can avoid such painful damage. But atleast it lessons it a bit and its because of that that I always ride with forcefield armor( under armour & knee and back).  I really need to get a proper riding pants for everyday riding. This link is a wake up call.  Thx for sharing.

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 11:36:52 AM »

Thx for sharing.

waytogo

True, but even with all your gear you can get make the beast with two backsed up on the street.

Agreed. But you can't say that it is more difficult to get more make the beast with two backsed up when in gear vs when not. If the rashed rider had been in (over emphasis) 1pc suit vs jeans and jacket, he might well have still broken that arm. But I'd say no rash and probably no hole in the knee.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
memper

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »

waytogo

Agreed. But you can't say that it is more difficult to get more make the beast with two backsed up when in gear vs when not. If the rashed rider had been in (over emphasis) 1pc suit vs jeans and jacket, he might well have still broken that arm. But I'd say no rash and probably no hole in the knee.

Right. It's like what I learned at the MSF. There's tons of factors that make our hobby/love/job/etc dangerous and its up to us as responsible pilots to try and lessen those factors.

"Calling a bikini fairing on a monster a fairing is like calliing a girl in an actual bikini proper work attire....unless shes a stripper." -He Man

Important: always check your battery filter and regularly change your headlight fluid.
memper

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2012, 05:09:10 PM »

I'll be first in line for those as long as they don't cost a thousand bucks! You need to manufacture a pair, memper! Seriously, you think that men's jeans are thinner now? Cop a feel of some women's jeans. I might as well be wearing nothing if I take a fall in those! I'm wearing my leathers most of the time -- 'cept Thursdays, when I don't have anywhere to change... and weekends... and some evenings, like tonight when I went out for udon... and...
Dude, I can design them. Just don't have the moola to make a prototype. But I can get a connect at Icon. Perhaps I'll try that avenue.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: