Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 08:54:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dainese made to measure event  (Read 2530 times)
sgollapalle

« on: November 09, 2012, 11:33:43 AM »

http://www.dainese.com/us_en/news/Made_to_measure_US_event

Damn! I wish I was closer. Would love a custom sized full leather suit!

'11 M-696
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »

ooooh...

You can still get made to measure stuff from them though. Don't need to do it at an event. But made to measure = $$$

Though I do wonder with the progress of tech, if we'll be able to get made to measure stuff with minimal extra cost in the near(ish) future.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
GK

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:16:23 PM »

The technology should certainly make that available, however I'm tipping "custom/tailor made" will always carry quite a price premium, due to the desire of any company to max out profit.

Call me cynical, but they charge what ever they can get away with.

GK

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
Triple J
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »

http://www.dainese.com/us_en/news/Made_to_measure_US_event

Damn! I wish I was closer. Would love a custom sized full leather suit!

There are quite a few US manufacturers that make very high quality custom race suits (or street gear for that matter). I just ordered a full custom suit from Z Custom in S. California for $1600. There's also Helimot, NJK, Zooni, Vanson, Barnacle Bills, and quite a few more. All of them get great reviews from racers and track day junkies alike. The only bad thing I've heard/read is that Vanson's customer support sucks. I've also personally witnessed Z Custom, Vanson, & Helimot suits crash, and they all did very well. Have a look at the WERA and BARF forums for a ton of reviews on the various brands.

All of these are also made in the US, unlike the major brands (including Dainese).

Plenty of options available if you want a full custom suit. waytogo
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:17:36 PM by Triple J » Logged
danaid

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 11:01:22 AM »

When I finally decide to start doing  some track days, I'll definitely go this route for a custom suit since  can't get a great fit from off the shelf Dainese suits because of my shape.

I noticed this same event last year and yes the D-store SF offers this service in house.

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: