Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 04:49:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New here  (Read 5201 times)
DucatiGirl87

« on: August 21, 2012, 07:27:48 AM »

Hi my name is Amanda. I'm from northern Wisconsin. I've been looking for a good forum to join because women riders are so rare. And women Ducati riders are the rarest! I ride a 2000 Ducati Monster 900ie. It's the bike I learned on and the bike I will keep around forever. She's yellow and black so I call her my bumblebee (I don't know if I'm the only one who named my bike). I'm hoping to someday find another girl to ride around with. But for now it's just good to hear from other female riders.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 01:58:51 PM »

Welcome Amanda!  Post pictures of your Duc when you get a chance.

I used to have a 2007 M695 but now have a 1998 M900, also yellow. Smiley

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Stella

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 05:56:21 PM »

Hi Amanda!

I hope to replace my 620 monster with another Duc next year.  You could always move to CO where there's a larger # of women riders (or CA but CO is cooler, IMO).

Enjoy your ride, your state (I loved mtn biking there!) and welcome!    Smiley

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 06:24:55 AM »

Welcome! can't wait to see pics  Dolph

You could always move to CO where there's a larger # of women riders (or CA but CO is cooler, IMO).

The Cooler chicks are down south more in Albuquerque. But CO does have some best twisties  cheeky

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
DucatiGirl87

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 10:38:53 AM »

Thanks everybody! I will try to post pics this weekend.
CannedIce

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 12:12:23 PM »

Hi my name is Amanda. I'm from northern Wisconsin. I've been looking for a good forum to join because women riders are so rare. And women Ducati riders are the rarest! I ride a 2000 Ducati Monster 900ie. It's the bike I learned on and the bike I will keep around forever. She's yellow and black so I call her my bumblebee (I don't know if I'm the only one who named my bike). I'm hoping to someday find another girl to ride around with. But for now it's just good to hear from other female riders.

Welcome Amanda! I have a 2009 Red M696 named Bridget! Love that girl!

I too wish I had a gal friend to ride around with here in San Diego. In my 6 years of riding I haven't really met one I click with yet and definitely not one who rides a Ducati Smiley I also haven't really been out to any clubs or anything so it is likely my fault there haha

Happy riding!!

Candice Babineau

----Bikes-------
2009 Monster 696
dolci

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 10:28:06 AM »

Hi Amanda (this is starting to sound like a 12-step program for Ducati rider!!! Grin)

I've got a 2005 620i.e. but I"m hoping to move up next summer.  We've got a 900 track bike that we're going to make streetable.  Looking forward to seeing the pics! waytogo

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing; however, they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
sfcootz

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 09:49:21 PM »

Welcome Amanda!  Post pictures of your Duc when you get a chance.

I used to have a 2007 M695 but now have a 1998 M900, also yellow. Smiley

I caught desmoitis when ^this nice lady let me borrow her bike. I was calling her bella until someone said she's a bananacati. I just love the name.

So no, you're not odd for naming your bike. Smiley
DucatiGirl87

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 12:12:57 PM »

So at this point I'm not really new anymore and I apologize for not getting pics up 2 years ago lol but here they are now!!! Still the 2000 M900ie. And now it's more of a love/hate relation ship between the 2 of us. You can't put 2 high strung females in the same space and expect them to get along!!!!!

[imghttp://][/img]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: