Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 20, 2024, 01:28:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monster 696 Termignoni question  (Read 2702 times)
lillo

« on: September 12, 2012, 07:29:17 PM »

hello I had a question. I just installed my termi kit for m696; the kit did not include the race cover with the 3 openings. Does it make a differences compared to the regular with no holes??? & second question is, to get more power can you remove the lambda sensor or what will it do? Should I consider changing the front sprocket to a 14t or leave stock. Thanks guys!

m696: full termi kit; works fender eliminator; Rizoma; crg bar end mirrors, alarm system; ducati corse decals; blackened heat shield covers;
848 evo: rizoma
Raux
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 04:18:11 AM »

did the kit include the ECU and airfilter?
The extra air does make a difference but slight, it's the air filter that flows better.

removing the lambda without a Powercommander V or a good mapping/dyno session isn't recommended.

14t is great for city/communiting and curvy roads. long distance slab, not so much.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 04:47:38 AM »

Removing lambda sensors (whilst doing nothing else) will not increase power output.  Just gonna flag an error code and cause the ECU to be unhappy.

14t is a very popular and economical way to lower the gearing, thus providing a little more initial zip off the line.  Great for most, not so good if you ride the Autobahn.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
eyduc

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 09:50:07 AM »

Ahhh, now I know why I (or my Duc) hates the highway.

DucNaked
I'm not just the owner, I'm also a

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 07:03:10 PM »

Removing lambda sensors (whilst doing nothing else) will not increase power output.  Just gonna flag an error code and cause the ECU to be unhappy.

14t is a very popular and economical way to lower the gearing, thus providing a little more initial zip off the line.  Great for most, not so good if you ride the Autobahn.

It might increase fuel delivery in the closed loop portion of the map. I was told bye a tech that I trust that when the ECU sees the error it's defaulted to send out max fuel allowable. From what I remember it was a safety to not run super lean(leaner than normal"ducati lean") and burn up the engine.
Just what I heard.

"If your bike is quiter than mine your a pussy, if it's louder you're an asshole." Monster 1100S
lillo

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 10:58:11 AM »

Okay thanks guys. And yes I did install the race filter and race ECU, I just dont have the "race" filter cover with the 3 extra hole openings.

m696: full termi kit; works fender eliminator; Rizoma; crg bar end mirrors, alarm system; ducati corse decals; blackened heat shield covers;
lillo

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 10:04:55 PM »

well the company that sold me the termignoni kit said that the kit should have had a Race filter cover so they sent me it at no extra charge. I installed and I must say that I can feel that the bike runs smoother and stringer- feel light it increased in power. I didnt think 3 holes in a filter cover would actually make the bike feel more prompt in acceleration. So for those of you who dont have the race cover installed, buy it or just make the 3 holes!! Dolph

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: