Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 03:03:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Multistrada 1200 S Touring  (Read 1447 times)
EvilSteve
not so evil, not so steve

« on: October 02, 2012, 09:01:17 AM »

Well, I traded my 1100 EVO on a new multistrada. Other than the range, the M1100 EVO was totally awesome but it really started wearing on me. It seems that it takes me about 2 or 3 years to forget how annoying the limited range of any monster is and want (buy) another. This was my third monster, started on an S2R800, then had an S4RS and then the M1100EVO. The EVO was the best IMO, handled really, really well and was comfortable enough to be on it all day. I just can't handle having to look for gas every hundred miles, it's just irritating and limits my ability to enjoy my ride. If you're not worried about that (personal preference clearly) then I couldn't recommend the EVO enough, just a flat out, great bike. I've also ridden the 796 around a bit as well, very different machines, don't think because you've tried one that the other is similar. The thing about the range of the EVO (and any monster it seems) that I find irritating is that the motor is extremely efficient, I'd only be putting about 2.6g back in the tank after ~120 miles, with an extra .5 or 1 gal it'd have been totally fine. Also, it's not easy to manage the range because there's not a lot of difference in terms of actual distance when you baby the bike as compared to when you're getting on it.

The MTS1200ST is pretty intense, I've spent way too much time goofing off with the servo controlled suspension and bike modes. Part of the reason I've switched is that I'm going to be doing some more distance riding in the near future and while I'm used to a naked bike, the range would suck. I have to say, the motor in the MTS is freaking ridiculous. I mean ridiculous in a good way, but still.  laughingdp

I'll still be around as this is one of the best Ducati communities on the web IMO but just not on a monster. Maybe in a couple of years I'll forget the range problem and lust after whatever is out then. Wink

2011 M796
Pakhan

This is for Pris!

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 07:26:46 AM »

gratz  waytogo

"I don't need a compass to tell me which way the wind shines."   m620 749s r6

www.suspectsunlimited.com
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 05:38:47 AM »

Awesome, Dan!
Pages: [1]   Go Up