Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 01:17:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 999 risers  (Read 909 times)
svoloch

too old to remember my titanium member...

« on: October 09, 2012, 02:09:14 PM »

Hey,

A friend of mine is considering risers on his 999 to help with wrist pain, I never put them on mine, but helped a buddy in Atlanta put them on his, but more related to back issues.  I think fastwin has them, wasn't sure if anyone thought it worth it to do it for wrist issues?

Word to your mommas,
-Svoloch

Тише едешь, дальше будешь
2009 Streetfighter S
exes:
2006 Sh1t Hot Black Xerox 999     1973 BMW R75/5
2001 BMW K1200RS                     1994 BMW R1100S
1974 Guzzi T3                              1975 BMW R90/6
1975 BMW R90/S                         1973 Suzuki T500
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 03:27:28 PM »

Jeez, you sound so close... hard to believe you're half way 'round the world  laughingdp

I've not fitted risers on my 999.  Never needed them.  Have you suggested he move the tank/seat/tail section up or back on the chassis?  He can also play with the positioning of the foot pegs.  I've got my tank/seat all the way forward and my foot pegs up and back as far as they'll go.  It takes the pressure off my wrists and places more of the "stress" on my calves and thighs to grip the tank.  My upper body is relaxed and tilted slightly forward - no pressure on the wrists. 

Or you could just tell him to get a Street Fighter  Evil
svoloch

too old to remember my titanium member...

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 04:22:33 PM »

Passed along, and thanks,  we'll see if fastwin has any thoughts.  I never felt like they were necessary either, but maybe my particularly height was well suited.  I could ride the 999 all day with no back or wrist discomfort, stock bars and seat...  It was an awesome bike, and I miss her still, even though the streetfighter would stomp the crap out of her.  Maybe I just need to make streetfighter mine still.  She came loaded up with carbon bits everywhere and rizoma grips, and it's the S, so has ohlins, etc...  I suppose I get to add my own clutch plate and cover, and that will help, but maybe I need to figure out some other ways to tart her up a bit...

Тише едешь, дальше будешь
2009 Streetfighter S
exes:
2006 Sh1t Hot Black Xerox 999     1973 BMW R75/5
2001 BMW K1200RS                     1994 BMW R1100S
1974 Guzzi T3                              1975 BMW R90/6
1975 BMW R90/S                         1973 Suzuki T500
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 02:33:48 PM »

I thought I felt my ears burning! laughingdp

You two don't need them because you are not old and worn out.

I'm about ready to put Heli-Bars on my walker and wheelchair!!

I've got Fast by Ferracci bars on my 999... pretty much the same as Heli-Bars as far as rise and bar tilt goes. But I have either FBF or Heli-Bars on every sport bike I own... Busa, RC51, Gixxer 750 and 1000, 996 and 916SPS. What does that tell you? And that was before the broken neck. Wink

They are worth their weight in gold and detract zero from the sporting side of the bikes. We ain't talking ape hangers here. laughingdp I approve of this message. chug

PS  I had AMS move my seat assembly all the way forward at the 600 mile check. I'm 5'9" on a tall day and that seat set up has always worked for me. Plus I got the alledged DP "comfort" seat on a warranty swap and that was a nice perk too. waytogo
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 02:43:50 PM by fastwin » Logged

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: