Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 20, 2024, 01:28:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DSS on a Hyper?  (Read 4084 times)
Raux
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 12:37:11 PM »

999 swingarm *may* work, but suspension rocker-arm is in the wrong position (I think...).

What I recommend:  Multistrada 620 swingarm.  It's a steel DSS that fits a narrow engine case and since that arm fits a Multi frame, it will fit the Hyper frame as well.

25mm axle, DSS, so you'll need an appropriate wheel.  Hell, the exhaust may still fit up!

hell i forgot about the 620 mts

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-DUCATI-MULTISTRADA-620-SWINGARM-SWING-ARM-CHAIN-GUARD-/270925830304?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f147018a0&vxp=mtr
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 01:58:23 PM »

hell i forgot about the 620 mts

Most people have.  The unusual-ness of the OE swingarm made me take notice when my former roommate had an MTS620.

I lodged that info away and am now using an MTS620 swingarm on my new racing project.

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »

What I recommend:  Multistrada 620 swingarm.  It's a steel DSS that fits a narrow engine case and since that arm fits a Multi frame, it will fit the Hyper frame as well.

25mm axle, DSS, so you'll need an appropriate wheel.  Hell, the exhaust may still fit up!
Excellent.  Thanks Duck Stew  waytogo.

Excellent  Evil

There have been Monster conversions before. This one comes to mind http://www.bikeexif.com/ducati-terra-mostro. More off-road than dual-sport... but not by much.
That one is pretty damn cool, but you're right its a bit more dirt dedicated than I have in mind.

oh make the beast with two backs  laughingdp

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 04:24:03 PM »

Steel MTS620 swingarm is good plan.

If you go with much more suspension travel, it effectively shifts weight rearward.
And that really sucks in the dirt, I've BTDT.
Coming off of a corner, throttle on, the front will fold.

That MTS620 steel swinger is easy to lengthen.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 09:06:35 PM »

Hell, the exhaust may still fit up!

620 exhaust doesn't fit around the small case S2R swingarm because it interferes with the top swoopy bar, but I'm thinking the hyper exhaust should certainly clear a DSS swingarm.

I'd be willing to bet you could put any header/mid-pipe combo on any other 2V (obviously large to large and small to small) unless it depends on the SS or new monster frame openings.  although it would look funny to have the s2r shotguns on a DSS bike (I would do this with one of the slip-fit mid-pipes so there would be some wiggle room).  The only caveat is the stubby header pipes have to match the mid-pipe set up.

Raux
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »

I think the benefit of the old 2v MTS is the header runs along side the motor, not under, giving you more ground clearance
Dirty Duc
I'd rather be an anti-

I'm a hooliCAN, not a hooliCAN'T!

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 09:35:25 PM »

I think the benefit of the old 2v MTS is the header runs along side the motor, not under, giving you more ground clearance
yepper

And strada-avventuroso has oil filter protection (I'd hesitate to call it a true bash plate).

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: