Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 04:20:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: in Tank Submersible Fuel Hose  (Read 2078 times)
RB

« on: May 10, 2022, 03:37:00 AM »

Anyone have a line on the fuel hoses that are inside the fuel tanks? The spec for submersible fuel hose is SAE J30R10 ($20 per foot)or Cohline 2190 ($20 per meter). The issue I’m having is locating a hose the proper size of the tank fittings for the drain and vent, as it seems they are smaller than 1/4” or 3/16”. I have found 7.3mm hose (Cohline) but I think that is too big.
Does anyone know the size of the hose that goes inside the tank?
Anyone have a source for intank fuel line that is less than $20 a foot.

Cheers

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 01:09:52 PM »

The smallest Gates makes is 1/4". The pressure hoses need to be submersible. The cap drain and vent lines don't, as they're not under pressure. Use whatever fits, Ducati did, and check it when you do a regular filter replacement.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

RB

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 05:12:22 PM »

thank you for the response.
I should have been more clear, this is for a metal tank 2006 S4R. The vent and drain tube runs through the tank so fuel would get on the outside of these two hoses, and if these hoses aren't made for submersion in fuel (especially fuel with ethanol) they will decay quickly. You are correct about the hoses in the tank, seemed like Ducati used whatever they wanted, but there was no swelling just became brittle sorta.
I think we could get away with 1/4" ID, but man that's expensive hose.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 02:10:36 AM »

thank you for the response.
I should have been more clear, this is for a metal tank 2006 S4R. The vent and drain tube runs through the tank so fuel would get on the outside of these two hoses, and if these hoses aren't made for submersion in fuel (especially fuel with ethanol) they will decay quickly. You are correct about the hoses in the tank, seemed like Ducati used whatever they wanted, but there was no swelling just became brittle sorta.
I think we could get away with 1/4" ID, but man that's expensive hose.
The bike is 16 yrs old, and the non submersible hose lasted this long. I'll bet some tygon tubing would work just fine. Lot's cheaper than the submersible.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Orange16

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 04:59:10 AM »

Submersible fuel hose is submersible as it has the same fuel resistant rubber on both the inside and outside.  Non submersible hose only has the fuel resistant rubber on the inside, and the cheaper outer material is what perishes in fuel over time.  What you find left over is the inner tubing and the reinforcing mesh.

The small hose used for the vent and cap drain circuits is a single layer hose, so by definition is submersible as the only layer is fuel resistant.  Buying it from Ducati makes sure you get the right stuff, as the thin wall nature of it can be the hardest feature to find.  But any vacuum hose should be fine, as it is usually fuel resistant.  A dual layer hose in that size will generally be much stiffer and harder to make work.
RB

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 05:47:26 AM »

This makes some sense as what we pulled from the tank was single layer hose. I might take some vacuum hose and store it in a jar of fuel.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: