Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 30, 2024, 07:18:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 4th  (Read 1664 times)
minnesotamonster

« on: July 01, 2008, 07:51:02 AM »

Anybody have any exciting plans for this weekend?  Any moto trips on the agenda?

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
2001 M600 (Now the Wife's)
Bigbore4

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 08:09:53 AM »

Anybody have any exciting plans for this weekend?  Any moto trips on the agenda?

No moto involved unfortunately, but all 4 of us are leaving out of Seward AK on the 4th on an inside passage cruise!

Grin

Dave
96 M900         05 FJR         86 SRX6        
And a brand new Super Tenere coming in no one knows
fasterblkduc

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 08:58:29 AM »

At least five people from this board will be at BIR for a real big moto event, and at least three are staying for the trackday.

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
Brew Crew

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 02:13:27 PM »

I headed down to Milwaukee from Hudson (last Wednesday) taking the back roads the whole way.  I love Highway 33 down by Wild cat Mountain and Reedsburg and Highway 95 by Arcadia.  The total trip took 9:40 (not counting pit stops) and travelled 395 Miles.  By comparison, taking I-94 would have taken about 4:30 and been about 300 miles.

I don't know how those "Iron Butt" guys and gals do it.  My cheeks were begging for a break about 6 hours in.  Cry

On the way back (last Monday) I tried to avoid all the detours caused by the flooding (the roads around Baraboo and Devils Lake were all washed away).  I took I-94 to Mauston and the weather looked good, so I decided to hit the backroads again.  Hghway 71 to Sparta is a lot of fun as well.  Unfortunately, the heavens opened up a can of whoop a$$ on me about 20 miles East of the Winona bridge.  Taking Highway 35 to Hudson would have been nice, but I managed to run into every raindrop that I could find for the next two hours.

All in all, it was a good time (and it makes me want to live by LaCrosse, if only it was a bigger city).

Ducati Monster S2R with Arrow Exhaust, Open Airbox, Power Comander, Tail Chop, CRG Mirrors
oldschool55

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 03:57:28 PM »

I headed down to Milwaukee from Hudson (last Wednesday) taking the back roads the whole way.  I love Highway 33 down by Wild cat Mountain and Reedsburg and Highway 95 by Arcadia.  The total trip took 9:40 (not counting pit stops) and travelled 395 Miles.  By comparison, taking I-94 would have taken about 4:30 and been about 300 miles.

I don't know how those "Iron Butt" guys and gals do it.  My cheeks were begging for a break about 6 hours in.  Cry

On the way back (last Monday) I tried to avoid all the detours caused by the flooding (the roads around Baraboo and Devils Lake were all washed away).  I took I-94 to Mauston and the weather looked good, so I decided to hit the backroads again.  Hghway 71 to Sparta is a lot of fun as well.  Unfortunately, the heavens opened up a can of whoop a$$ on me about 20 miles East of the Winona bridge.  Taking Highway 35 to Hudson would have been nice, but I managed to run into every raindrop that I could find for the next two hours.

All in all, it was a good time (and it makes me want to live by LaCrosse, if only it was a bigger city).

I live a few minutes north of La Crosse and it couldnt be a better location for riding.  I'm 10 minutes for the Mindoro Cut, 35 minutes for Arcadia, and about 70 minutes from Wildcat....with no highway riding to each.  I can hit them all along with a bunch of other amazing roads in an afternoon totaling about 250 miles of pure twisties. 

Glad to hear everyones 4th went well.  I did some mountain biking and relaxing in the Badlands of North Dakota over the 4th.   waytogo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: