Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:14:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Son of a... Anybody got a RH mickeymouse mirror and post laying about?  (Read 3152 times)
MongoReturns

I'm very busy

« on: January 07, 2013, 04:47:52 AM »

Some dbag knocked my Monster over in my parking garage.  Nothing better than wanting to go for a ride and seeing your bike on the ground.  It wouldn't have been too bad, my thickass LSL bars take a good hit, but it fell into another dudes bike, destroying the RH mirror and snapping it at the post.  Also almost hole in pillon section of seat, slightly bent rear lever, etc.

Anybody got one laying about?  Saw one on fleabay for $52, but figured I'd check with the local hoarders Cheesy

Mongo

2000Monster750Dark: cored pipes, stage2, 43t, f-18, dptach
2007 1098Red: home depot cooler guard, on sale cluch cover, on sale dp dark tall screen, ebay hugger, hand painted clutch spring caps
ducati culture

My freedom is worth my life and my soul..........

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 11:06:20 AM »

I have a set.  You can have them for one six pack of rootbeer! drink

MongoReturns

I'm very busy

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 04:53:47 AM »

Sold! Though I'm probably going to head to Coleman's tomor to see what (cheap) aftermarkets are laying about.  When I got the thing I'd thought of changing, but then those bigass things kinda grew on me.  It's very strange riding around without the RH mirror, I like to keep my eyes on who's trying to hit me.

2007 1098Red: home depot cooler guard, on sale cluch cover, on sale dp dark tall screen, ebay hugger, hand painted clutch spring caps
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 03:09:32 PM »

I have a set of polished DPM mirrors floating around somewhere in my garage.  Id let them go for a hundy.

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 05:55:47 AM »

I have a set of polished DPM mirrors floating around somewhere in my garage.  Id let them go for a hundy.

no offense Roger....Rich would be more inclined to buy some 10 dollar bicycle mirrors before spending that kind of cha-ching....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
rgramjet
It would have been Fine if it wasnt for my Meddling

What'd you say about my Momma?

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 02:20:44 PM »

Thats cool, just thought Id throw them out there....

You're obviously a crack smokin' redneck carpenter. Kiss

in 1st and 2nd it was like this; ringy-ting-ting-ting slow boring ho-hum .......oh!........OMG! What the fu.........HOLY SHIT !!--ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
-Sofadriver

What has been smelled, cannot be unsmelled!
MongoReturns

I'm very busy

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 09:29:56 PM »

no offense Roger....Rich would be more inclined to buy some 10 dollar bicycle mirrors before spending that kind of cha-ching....

It's like Zoom see into my soul!  Oddly, Coleman's has a box of mirror take-offs (crash-offs?) that includes a L and R modern ('04+ to whatever) mirrors if anybody need one, $10 a pop.  I screwed one on and it looked strange.

So DC i'm in for yours, unless rootbeer is a metaphor for $100 Cheesy

ducati culture

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 10:21:22 AM »

When u want to  come and get them.  I am free today them I am a cabin in the woods for a few days.   Dolph

MongoReturns

I'm very busy

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 04:21:05 AM »

When u want to  come and get them.  I am free today them I am a cabin in the woods for a few days.   Dolph
Excellent!  Next week's great, doesn't look like I'll be riding anytime soon.  So weird with only one mirror.

twolanefun

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 09:47:19 AM »

Has anyone noticed the Mirrors on the anniversary monster, what were they thinking? Might be correct but the first thing everyone replaced. - Gene

"I know a few roads"
92' PASO 907ie
02' M900 54K+ Miles
04' ST3 58k+miles - Sold
01' Victory Sportcruiser 30K miles, 04' Victory Kingpin - 111K+ miles
09' XR1200 - 15K+ miles
13' Diavel - 13K+ Miles Pay attention and things will be okay
EX-MSF Instructor, EX-President MAD
AMA Charter Life Member, Patriot Guard Rider
Victory Motorcycle Club, Charter Member
Patriot Guard Rider
MongoReturns

I'm very busy

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 07:42:16 PM »

Has anyone noticed the Mirrors on the anniversary monster, what were they thinking? Might be correct but the first thing everyone replaced. - Gene

Best looking stock mirrors I've seen in years Cheesy  I don't know how but the goofiness grew on me.  They were on my list to replace in like 2003.  Maybe when I got the 1098 and it's whacked-out elf mirrors. 

ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 11:42:33 AM »

I have a set.  You can have them for one six pack of rootbeer! drink
How many seats you got laying around? You hooked me up with one as well. waytogo Grin

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
MongoReturns

I'm very busy

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 12:24:51 PM »

Yes, I'm getting quite aggravated not being able to see behind me on my right side.

Things I have to trade (honestly I'm probably going to bin this crap anyway):

1098 upper & lower track fairings.  Upper fitted.  Both prob need some dremeling work, and a few holes filled.  Never actually used.

Stock 750 handlebars.  Chrome flaking off.

2000 996 front fender (maybe SS).  Fine black orange peel paint job.  Red underneath.  Been meaning to switch back to the stock one for the M750.

Gorilla moto alarm.  Fun to play with, and have your bike go "CHIRP CHIRP" when you activate it.  I could never find a good place to put it.

996 clip-ons, modified (read:  probably not safe) to use with 50mm forks.  Spacers made from aluminum ruler included.

Stock 996 steering damper. Was going to put on Monster, but gave up.  Looks exactly like the 1098 stock damper.

ducati culture

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 07:37:18 AM »

When u want to  come and get them.   Dolph

I still have these beauties  coffee Dolph coffee

MongoReturns

I'm very busy

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 12:23:54 PM »

I still have these beauties  coffee Dolph coffee

Sweet!  Good time to pickup?  And what flavor rootbear? I still think that's got to be a code for something.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: