Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 10:39:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post your Spring cleaning photos  (Read 5269 times)
nickshelby500kr
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »

Epoxy-coat has their kit in the sub-$500 range that I've really been wanting to do. But I'm not sure I'm in too much of a hurry to do anything to the floors.
UnionJill

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 06:49:27 PM »

looks great now lets do the floors ASAP.  You can buy the linoleum tiles cheap, some armstrong adhesive and go to town for less than $300 bucks and in any color combo you want.  No need to spend thousands on etching, paint and so on.  My floor's been done for 9 years with NO problems.

But all you ever do is clean your bikes in your garage...  you bring the real work to ours...    cheeky

'06 Triumph 675 Daytona

"Death steals everything except for our stories"
      Jim Harrison (In Search of Small Gods)
CajunR

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 06:49:59 PM »

Looks nice!   waytogo

It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
RichD

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 07:36:13 PM »

The only problem with epoxy coating a floor is you REALLY need to acid etch it first.
EVERYTHING has to be out and away from the garage to do it without damaging your stuff.

I pressure washed the floor, acid etched it with straight muraic acid, then pressure washed it again, let it dry for a week in August, THEN coated it.

No problems with hot-stick, peeling, anything.  It's bullet proof.

I've seen pretty "first results" turn into an ugly disaster after a few months if it isn't done right.

I bought enough stuff to do the 3-car garage in my first house but I could never get the garage empty for a week...
So I did the second house with the stuff I bought intended for the first and coated it before I even moved in.

IMHO that's the only way, unless you can store your stuff in the house for a week while you do it.

(I can't -I've got too much crap)

DFW-MFer!
muskrat

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 08:14:23 PM »

Epoxy-coat has their kit in the sub-$500 range that I've really been wanting to do. But I'm not sure I'm in too much of a hurry to do anything to the floors.
way too much work IMO, I did mine for $280 buckaroos.
But all you ever do is clean your bikes in your garage...  you bring the real work to ours...    cheeky
because Stan can never say no.....you on the other hand. Lips Sealed

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
nickshelby500kr
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2013, 06:30:39 AM »

The original hope was to do it before we moved in as it would be the most convenient time. But it fell though and other things came first.
nickshelby500kr
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2013, 06:31:21 AM »

Not to mention I would have to get one of those giant floor grinders because the floor itself is not perfectly smooth. So that's always a bummer.
muskrat

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2013, 11:33:24 AM »

Unless you have 6 inch bumps you don't need a grinder, I didn't use one.  With epoxy that shit will show easily. 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
nickshelby500kr
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2013, 06:10:40 PM »

Unless you have 6 inch bumps you don't need a grinder, I didn't use one.  With epoxy that shit will show easily.

Yea that's what I was talking about. If I was going to epoxy it, I would end up spending a ton just to prep the floor properly. So I'm just holding off for now.
muskrat

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2013, 06:58:43 PM »

Well when you decide buy beer and I'll supervise and provide feedback.  Evil

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: