Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 08:10:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to: DucatiDiag  (Read 115259 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 09:13:35 AM »

double checked everything, all checks out, just, wont give those screens for testing, should I connect to bike and test connected to bike?

worst case scenario, I need a new ECU after the test or ?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 08:37:03 AM »

double checked everything, all checks out, just, wont give those screens for testing, should I connect to bike and test connected to bike?

DucatiDiag won't bring up the test screens?   Worst case is you need a new ecu, though if you have checked out the power connectors you should be all set.

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2013, 11:00:51 AM »

DucatiDiag won't bring up the test screens?   Worst case is you need a new ecu, though if you have checked out the power connectors you should be all set.

My Centurion S for IAW5AM connects perfectly . . . so DucatiDiag has been uninstalled . .. best $250.99[inc s&h] I have spent !!!

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 11:44:25 AM »

Yeah, some people have a hard time getting connected other people plug in and don't look back. Glad to hear it's not some obscure electrical gremlin keeping you from diagnostic testing of your ECU.

OzzyRob
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2013, 03:11:57 PM »

I'm reading this as you haven't connected all connectors to the bike. That's not what you mean is it ?
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 08:00:41 PM »

I'm reading this as you haven't connected all connectors to the bike. That's not what you mean is it ?

no connection to bike . . .  period!!!

Carlos
vij

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2013, 11:14:21 AM »

no connection to bike . . .  period!!!

Did you read what is written on the DD forum? ? ? ? ? ?

First of all I hope that you have a VAG-COM KKL 409.1 OBD2 USB Cable and nothing else.

You have to install the following ftdi driver as most VAG cables do not come with a proper USB to serial converter that is required.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20824_Setup.exe

You should run windows 7 in Windows XP compatible mode.

Then it might work better.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:16:32 AM by vij » Logged
vij

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2013, 11:28:30 AM »

So if you want a tune, you would just dyno your bike get the AFR ratio and adjust accordingly with the program? Does it also tune each cylinder separately?

Ducatidiag is a diagnostic software. With this you can diagnose your ECU, you can also extract the map from the ECU.

After you have extracted the map you use the free software ECU. With ECM (software that works together with DD) you can change any single parameter that you want in the map so yes you can do individual mapping. You can of course optimize the ignition too.

The you have to pay 100 Euros to get the flasher. With the flasher you can upload the new map to the ECU.

All you need is cables for 30 euros, flasher for 100 euros and you have a complete ECU mapping software. Included in the 100 euros you also have access to a very large bank of Ducati stock and Ducati performance maps for free.

DD, ECM and the flasher works perfect. It also means that if your ECU goes tits up you can get a cheap one on ebay and flash it with your old map and not pay the enormous amount of money that Ducati wants for an spare ECU.

DD rocks

Jocke.......

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2013, 11:39:49 AM »

Did you read . . . <snip>

Are you trying to tell me something?

Carlos
vij

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 11:23:44 AM »

Are you trying to tell me something?

It is not very clear what interface you have, what driver you have installed, if you are running in XP compatible mode, if you are running in fast or slow init, which ECU type you have.

Jocke.......
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2013, 07:05:27 AM »

I have acquired the writer so i can flash my ECU to DP spec   Evil Evil

Also i have reset the TPS and played around with the trim. But I forgot to take screenshots like a dummy. First post will updated in day or two depending on the rain.

JoeP

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 11:16:46 AM »

Also i have reset the TPS and played around with the trim. But I forgot to take screenshots like a dummy. First post will updated in day or two depending on the rain.

Let us know if the speedo calibration works and if the odometer is still correct afterwards.
xsephirot

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2013, 08:40:02 AM »

Oh keep us posted! Maybe just set up a video camera for the whole process so we can get a general idea how this stuff works. I've tried to read that forum and even the english section is kind of hard to understand.
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2013, 12:29:59 PM »

Updated 1st post with TPS, TRIM and writer how to.

Let us know if the speedo calibration works and if the odometer is still correct afterwards.
I didn't use this feature as i think my speedo is pretty close to actual.

Mr.Purple

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2013, 01:36:10 AM »

Genius software! Flashed my ecu with the writer program.
And the engine runs so much smoother with the DP ECU
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: