Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 12:29:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Track Day bike, Plan B "SuMo"  (Read 11069 times)
swanny

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 05:06:48 AM »

Anyone going to the AMS track day this Sunday?

Swanny

2011 848 EVO Track Bike
2015 Hypermotard SP
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 10:33:48 AM »

Nope  Sad

SMS over in Denton have my KTM and are making progress on getting it track ready.  So, one day soon... I hope  bang head
swanny

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2013, 02:10:55 AM »

Nope  Sad

SMS over in Denton have my KTM and are making progress on getting it track ready.  So, one day soon... I hope  bang head

Bummer Lisa!  I am going to give it a go to see how I do on the 848.

SMS....is that Brian Storrie? Guy is wicked fast on a dirt bike.  He used to race in the PRO class of TORO and TCCRA back when I rode (I wouldn't consider myself as racing since I was so slow) dirt bikes. I bet they will get your bike all fixed up and running properly.

Swanny

2011 848 EVO Track Bike
2015 Hypermotard SP
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2013, 05:00:09 AM »

Bummer Lisa!  I am going to give it a go to see how I do on the 848.

SMS....is that Brian Storrie? Guy is wicked fast on a dirt bike.  He used to race in the PRO class of TORO and TCCRA back when I rode (I wouldn't consider myself as racing since I was so slow) dirt bikes. I bet they will get your bike all fixed up and running properly.

Swanny

Yep, that's who that is.  AND my bike is ready (it was actually finished on TUESDAY  Shocked  ).   They were really nice folks and literally ten minutes from the house. 

I'm going to get Sam to help me pick it up today.  Then I'll run the bike around the block a few times and try not to get arrested... Maybe I will be ready by Sunday  Evil  It also had front brake issues when we dropped it off so hopefully that'll have been sorted out as well.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 05:04:04 AM by Cher » Logged
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2013, 05:11:26 AM »

Swanny - can you help me out with suspension set-up?  Alan and I can get the static sag and such figured but I know the rider settings on there now are for a 200+ pound rider on dirt ...so... prolly won't be razor sharp around Cresson (see what I did there?  Blaming the bike already  bang head  laughingdp  ).

I have the factory setting information.
swanny

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2013, 07:43:26 AM »

Awesome!  I hope to see you there.  Doubt you can adjust a whole lot on the suspension without new springs but we can take a look.   It might be okay since it is sprung for a heavier person and you will want it stiffer for riding on the track vs. dirt.

Swanny

2011 848 EVO Track Bike
2015 Hypermotard SP
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2013, 11:04:06 AM »

Cool.  I'll know more tomorrow if I'll be at the track day on Sunday.
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2013, 08:29:32 AM »

I will not be at the track day on Sunday only because SMS knows what they're doing; they sorted the clutch issue (blocked pressure release hose) and also found that one of the jets in the carb was the wrong size (which explained the rough running issue).

When we went to pick up the bike this morning, I got to talking with them about what needed to happen to get the suspension more SuMo than off-road.  They recommended new fork springs and valving and probably a different rear spring.  They are a RaceTech dealer so they are doing all that work this week - should have it track ready by next Saturday  waytogo

Dammit, I can't wait!
swanny

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2013, 02:10:20 AM »

Sorry you weren't able to make it Lisa.  Overall it was a good day.  I did 3 sessions and that was enough for the first time back.  Talking to other folks, there were 2 to 3 times the normal amount of folks there.  Weather was great but that lead to a slick track.  I think there were 2 or 3 crashes in the first couple of sessions.

I survived without any issues.  I was the slowest person out there but I gained speed with each session.  I have to travel a lot in August and the first part of September so I won't be able to make another one until the back half of September.  Hopefully your bike will be sorted out by then.  Sophie was out there on her motard and she can fly on that thing! 

Swanny

2011 848 EVO Track Bike
2015 Hypermotard SP
Cher
Mostly Harmless

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2013, 04:27:04 AM »

Awesome - glad to hear you had fun!  Couldn't believe the weather yesterday... don't think I ever saw it get above 92  Shocked  No wonder the track was packed.

My bike *should* be ready by September for sure.  Looking forward to it  waytogo
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: