Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 11:42:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MotoGP broadcast changes!!!!! LOOK!!!  (Read 1259 times)
fastwin
« on: July 01, 2008, 05:47:03 AM »

Heads up all you TIVO mutants out there!!!! SpeedTV WILL NOT be broadcasting all the MotoGPs this season! Here's the poop!

CBS will broadcast the following: Sachsenring, Germany July 13th @ 1-2pm ET, Laguna Seca July 20th @ 5-6pm ET and Brno, Czech Aug. 17th @ 2-3pm ET

NBC has the Indy MotoGP on Sept. 14th @ 3-4pm ET

As they say, times are subject to change... but I doubt it. Laguna has been on CBS for awhile but the rest is new. Hope they do a decent job. But it is nice that some suit somewhere said "hey, this stuff is good and it's got a worldwide audience!". It's about time. OK, back to your regularly scheduled programing. coffee
oaf

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 05:52:58 AM »

Formula 1 started this a few years back with the Indy GP. Fox uses the Speed broadcast team. Sometimes they even screw up and say Speed instead of Fox. I'm not sure about MotoGP, since Speed seems to use the European English broadcast without their own people. At least it will be available in HD.

695 w/DP Termi kit
never2loud
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 11:06:04 AM »

THe totally cool thing about having races broadcast NOT on Speed Channel is that most of the major networks have an HD channel floating around so the races can be TIVO'd in hi-def  Shocked  Caught the last F1 race that way - a bazillion times better than non-HD... 

Now all we need is theater surround sound (the neighbors only thought my bikes were loud  Evil ).
svoloch

too old to remember my titanium member...

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 01:28:12 PM »

so, my only worry here is that it will mirror the world cup coverage that I had to mute to keep from vomiting, "now, bob, in soccer, which( for our viewers at home is DIFFERENT than football, even though those pesky eurpeans call it football ), there are not a lot of goals usually, and...  Ooh! That one guy did something cool...  What's it called when you kick it in from the corner?  Don't they usually throw those?"

Тише едешь, дальше будешь
2009 Streetfighter S
exes:
2006 Sh1t Hot Black Xerox 999     1973 BMW R75/5
2001 BMW K1200RS                     1994 BMW R1100S
1974 Guzzi T3                              1975 BMW R90/6
1975 BMW R90/S                         1973 Suzuki T500
never2loud
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 03:19:56 PM »

Forgot to TIVO the Germany/Spain game Sunday - sounds like I didn't miss much  Roll Eyes  bang head
♣ McKraut ♣

touched by his noodly appendage

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 04:30:58 PM »

i just love how make the beast with two backsing pumped they get about everything that happens...and the banter is awesome.

i am of course speaking of nascar commentators.

2001 M600 Dark  2005 S2R Dark  2001 M750  1996 900 SS/SP  2005 S4R
-  Dallas, TX
Jester

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 10:23:39 PM »

I don't like speed channel... but I do like the men on the microphone during the race.  To me, the Laguna race last year, broadcast by Americans was about the same as watching a Euro soccer match broadcast by Americans.  They seem lost and ignorant, going by stat sheets of paper, and commentating on something they don't really watch.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that is the impression they gave me.

09’ 848     07’ S2R800
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 11:04:22 PM »

I don't like speed channel... but I do like the men on the microphone during the race.  To me, the Laguna race last year, broadcast by Americans was about the same as watching a Euro soccer match broadcast by Americans.  They seem lost and ignorant, going by stat sheets of paper, and commentating on something they don't really watch.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that is the impression they gave me.

+ 11tyb  laughingdp  It's like they got flunky golf announcers:

"Boy look at them go. They look like they're trying real hard...[20 second silent pause] ok so the RED guy looks like he's going to pass the yellow - NOW TO COMMERCIAL -
"Ok, we're back. Wow everyone switched places while we were at commercial."

The best is when Hayden comes in 12th but he's the only one they interview after the race in the parking lot.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
2-Wheelin Hooligan

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 06:28:05 AM »

Wow thankfully that was the one I didn't watch on TV.  I was there commenting to myself  Grin.  But I don't understand why they change the announcers for the American GP's when they keep the same announcers in all the other races.  Is that America's decision or the MotoGP's?
AndreRA3
The DFWM envoy to Belgium!

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 11:52:16 AM »

that would be the decision of the broadcasting channel, I think. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: