Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 01:13:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: speedo question  (Read 1561 times)
ruffrider

« on: April 01, 2013, 07:55:15 PM »

My m900 came with a Speedymoto speedo on it. It's a little black one that mounts on top of the triple to the four bolt holes for stock bars. I'm having some problems with it. It only wants to work sometimes and only half the wires are hooked up and I just don't like things done "halfassed" and it really doesn't look like it could be wired up any better. What's a good alternative speedo I can run to start fresh with? I have the stock one but i just don't like the look of it. Can I run a newer style duc cluster?? Let me know. Thanks
Ddan
Some of my best friends are whores

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 05:26:22 AM »

The stock speedo is mechanical and runs off the front wheel, that may help explain why the wiring is a little messy

2000 Monster 900Sie, a few changes
1992 900 SS, currently a pile of parts.  Now running
                    flogged successfully  NHMS  12 customized.  Twice.   T3 too. 
Ducati Monster Forum at
www.ducatimonsterforum.org
aj7840

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 06:45:19 PM »

Ducati mechanical speedo are extremely optimistic
I used a bike speedometer mounted on the bars. Battery powered with a sensor reading a magnet epoxied on the disc carrier. accurate to +/- 6 ft when calibrated to the front wheel for the odometer. Speed is then accurate to +/- 0.1 %, Features speed, ride time, ride distance, maximum speed and an odometer. Wireless units do not like ignition electrical noise. 
Did take some effort to make the wiring "invisible" to the casual eye

00 M900IE - the fun bike  (Ducati #4)
18 Triumph Bonneville T120 for two up ridding
ruffrider

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 09:40:55 PM »

Thank you for the help.  My only thing is i have a s4r sss on my 94 m900 so the speedo that i have is for the electric sensor in the swingarm.  Im just wondering if maybe i can run a s*r speedo, or if i should find another aftermarket one. 
Im stumped..... I either need to find speedo and hope it will hook up fairly easily to my hacked u harness, or buy a new used oem harness and a factory speedo...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: