Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 01:49:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 MotoGP - Round 1 - Qatar <Spoilers ASAP>  (Read 55808 times)
Triple J
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2013, 06:13:57 PM »

and HOW in the hell... that motor was no way the same as the other riders'.  He was passing on straights like they were standing still. in the corners or braking i could see him outbraking or carrying more speed, but mid straights. no way. not even close to same HP there.

What gm2 and Spidey said (minus the extra 200cc part  cheeky)

His team likely had the biggest budget of any Moto2 team, hence the best aerodynamics, and the best of anything that was allowed to be changed. All of that isn't trivial.

Also, don't underestimate the benefit of a good drive out of a corner...it's massive. The rest is throttle position, as in MM's is open farther for longer than pretty much everyone else.  bow down He got 3rd in his 1st MotoGP race ever...he's just that fast.

I heard that video was Pol's favorite Youtube video ever!  laughingdp
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #136 on: April 11, 2013, 11:21:01 PM »

Can you imagine if he (Sic) and Casey were still on the grid with the current aliens?  Man, oh, man . . .   

That would be nothing less than BADASS!!

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
thought
Everyone needs a

« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2013, 01:38:12 AM »

Mentioning torpedoes made me think of SuperSic.  Can you imagine if he and Casey were still on the grid with the current aliens?  Man, oh, man . . .   

Imagine sic and mm heading into the same corner together... Haha 2 go in, nly one comes out.

And I wonder if watching this season will tempt stoner to come back at all. His complaints might die down after seeing the kind of racing this year is promising... And if Suzuki/aprilia/BMW could convince him to ride their new bikes with his record of riding around the biggest turd on the field... Haha but yeah, now I'm just dreaming

'10 SFS 1098
'11 M796 ABS - Sold
'05 SV650N - Sold
Jester

« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2013, 07:53:19 AM »

And I wonder if watching this season will tempt stoner to come back at all.

Maybe...   then he realizes that he still has to do press conferences and promotion for the company that pays him millions of dollars and decides its not worth it somehow.

09’ 848     07’ S2R800
gm2

« Reply #139 on: April 12, 2013, 10:45:06 AM »

His team likely had the biggest budget of any Moto2 team

they for sure did.  by some exponents.

Like this is the racing, no?
OT
Still Sweeping.....

'04 M1000 Janis - smartly dressed in red

« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2013, 11:44:06 AM »

MM's failure to hold off Rossi, who came from 5-6 seconds back halfway thru the race, was very, very interesting.

Time will tell how much of his success in Moto2 came from the performance of his bike.

Going to be an interesting year  waytogo
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:28:21 PM by OT » Logged
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2013, 04:01:38 PM »

Time will tell how much of his success in Moto2 came from the performance of his bike.

Given that he scored a podium in his first MotoGP, I'm thinking his bike wasn't the primary reason he did so well in Moto2

Enough beating up Matador. We know Lorenzo is wicked fast, but unlikable.

I know the rest of you think he's a douchnozzle, but I met him and he came across as a bit shy and awkward, but definitely not a dick.

I think at worse he suffers from the Spanish curse of "doucheface." 

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2013, 06:37:52 PM »

Remember when Stoner was fast only b/c the Ducati was a much better bike than all the rest?  Marquez suffers from that same affliction.

I think at worse he suffers from the Spanish curse of "doucheface."  

I agree that there is a serious case of doucheface happening somewhere in that photo.   Grin
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:39:26 PM by Spidey » Logged

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2013, 06:57:51 PM »

Looks like a young boy feeling uncomfortable around a strange scary man Grin.

Dont worry,  my kids sometimes have to remind me not to unwittingly intimidate people laughingdp.

Seriously though, I agree much of the Doucheface condition is social awkwardness for sure. I like Lorenzo, he's alright.

Marquez, well he's a cheeky little shit, but my daughters will like him.

2015 Scrambler 800
OT
Still Sweeping.....

'04 M1000 Janis - smartly dressed in red

« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2013, 09:54:32 PM »

Where's Lorenzo's left arm?
gm2

« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2013, 10:59:44 PM »

Remember when Stoner was fast only b/c the Ducati was a much better bike than all the rest? 

don't make me dig up 11,000 threads.

Wink

Raux
« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2013, 07:05:48 AM »

Marquez jumped into MotoGP in his first race on arguably the BEST bike in the field, so saying it's him vs the bike still doesn't hold water.
Now if he had jumped on the Duc and tore onto the podium on that... well then, no question it is him.
But I don't think that has been answered yet.

He has skill no doubt. but his standings both in MotoGP, so far, and Moto2, obviously benefit from the bike as well.
Jester

« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2013, 10:08:18 AM »

Marquez is the real deal Holyfield.  I think we're reaching too much.  The best riders almost always have the best teams/equipment through most of their careers, because, well, they are the best. 

09’ 848     07’ S2R800
gm2

« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2013, 11:01:32 AM »

Marquez is the real deal Holyfield.  I think we're reaching too much.  The best riders almost always have the best teams/equipment through most of their careers, because, well, they are the best. 

waytogo

repsol didn't create an entire team around him when he was a little kid just cuz they figured that if they gave him good stuff, he'd be fast.

he was fookin fast, so they invested in him.

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2013, 11:33:42 AM »

waytogo

repsol didn't create an entire team around him when he was a little kid just cuz they figured that if they gave him good stuff, he'd be fast.

he was fookin fast, so they invested in him.

And it's paying off! The Turd was on the bike as well and we know that he's also fast, but he was holding the kid back. It was also HIS FIRST MOTOGP RACE!!! How many people can say that they podium on their first race on the big boy bikes? If he can be as dominant in COTA as he was in testing, that will give you a better indication of his talents, specially since all the riders have a clean slate there.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: