Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 03:15:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 MotoGP - Round 1 - Qatar <Spoilers ASAP>  (Read 55811 times)
gm2

« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2013, 03:13:02 PM »

I feel that Marquez's first year is going to be a lot like Lorenzo's first year. Extremely dangerous and a little wild, but ultimately crashing out is going to lead him to not be able to score the points to win the championship.

yeah, you may be right.  tho he's historically really good at saving it. 

Like this is the racing, no?
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2013, 03:35:41 PM »

I think he has the potential to beat Lorenzo in certain tracks. From what I've seen between Qatar and Austin, I would not bet against Marquez in any race.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »

I feel that Marquez's first year is going to be a lot like Lorenzo's first year. Extremely dangerous and a little wild, but ultimately crashing out is going to lead him to not be able to score the points to win the championship.

See...we agree fully. But you still think I said he was bad or something...  Cry

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
Triple J
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2013, 03:47:45 PM »

See...we agree fully. But you still think I said he was bad or something...  Cry

Seems to me like you two kind of agree.

Crashing out may be the issue...but you've said you think he'll finish out of the top 3, whereas Matador thinks he'll be in the top 3, just not win the championship.
Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2013, 04:05:28 PM »

That was awesome.   applause   applause

Marquez is going to be the factor that assures George the championship.  On any given weekend, Marquez is more a danger to taking points away from Pedrosa than Rossi is of taking points away from Lorenzo. Then it's just about whether it's a Honda track or a Yamaha track.  So we're clear, I'm not saying that Rossi can't or won't be beat Lorenzo.  But Marquez will place ahead of Pedrosa more than Rossi will place ahead of Lorenzo (excluding those races Marquez misses for injury).  And Lorenzo is going to win enough and take enough podiums even when he doesn't win, and most importantly, crash infrequently enough, that he'll take it.  Yes, I can tell all of that from one race.  I'm superhuman.

BTW, I reserve the right to deny that I ever said any of that.  Quote me all you like down the line, but I never said it.  Unless I did.   Grin

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
gm2

« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2013, 05:36:07 PM »

redding

from: http://www.motomatters.com/news/2013/04/08/shots_in_the_dark_day_3_scott_jones_unde.html

it's not like elbows on the ground is a new thing, but it sure is the 'it' thing of late.  it's the new foot waggle.

Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2013, 09:14:59 PM »

Well, redding is one of the tallest dudes on the GP grid.  Also, I'm not sure we're getting a good sample size.  Among all the Moto2 riders, he and Marquez are the ones that come to mind as hanging off the bike a ton.   They just happen to be the ones who moved up to GP on decent (or superb) rides.

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
OT
Still Sweeping.....

'04 M1000 Janis - smartly dressed in red

« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2013, 10:36:12 PM »

I can't imagine ever having sticky-enuf tires on my bike to even think about trying that  Grin
gm2

« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2013, 11:54:23 PM »

Well, redding is one of the tallest dudes on the GP grid.  Also, I'm not sure we're getting a good sample size.  Among all the Moto2 riders, he and Marquez are the ones that come to mind as hanging off the bike a ton.   They just happen to be the ones who moved up to GP on decent (or superb) rides.

redding = moto2
smith = tech3

Smiley

also i was referring to the fact that there's been photos of rossi and others lately, elbow down

Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2013, 12:41:52 AM »

Oops, mixed em up.  Aren't they both British, young, and over-rated?   Grin

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2013, 08:13:21 AM »

Oops, mixed em up.  Aren't they both British, young, and over-rated?   Grin

on the overrated part...Smith, yes....Redding...I disagree!

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2013, 03:15:32 PM »

on the overrated part...Smith, yes....Redding...I disagree!

Call me when Redding actually wins a Moto2 race.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Triple J
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2013, 03:48:09 PM »

I thought Redding was overrated last year, but in this past race he looked really good. I'll give it a couple races, but he may have turned the corner.

Also, a lot of people were overshadowed last year by Marquez...who was clearly the best, by a large margin.

No idea on Smith. Somehow I don't remember him from last year or before.  Huh?
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2013, 03:53:27 PM »

He won a couple of races in '09 on a 125.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

gm2

« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2013, 04:07:39 PM »

I thought Redding was overrated last year, but in this past race he looked really good. I'll give it a couple races, but he may have turned the corner.

Also, a lot of people were overshadowed last year by Marquez...who was clearly the best, by a large margin.

No idea on Smith. Somehow I don't remember him from last year or before.  Huh?
He won a couple of races in '09 on a 125.

in the fall of 2011 he was inexplicably given a three year contract @ tech 3.  maybe he has lots of money.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Bradley+Smith+signs+three+year+Tech+3+deal

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: