Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 30, 2024, 02:42:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DP Carbon exhaust hanger - in stock anywhere? Also new product idea!  (Read 1676 times)
Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« on: May 07, 2013, 07:19:01 AM »

Hi All,

I have been waiting for three months now to score a DP carbon exhaust hanger for my 2013 M1100.  No luck as it has been on back order.  This is probably a long shot but I hoped that by posting it I may run into a shop that has one in stock.  I know about the Evotech hanger but really don't like it.  If I can't find a carbon hanger I may have to visit a fabricator and have one made that matches the style of the trellis frame.  Now what would be really cool is giving someone the idea to make a trellis frame style hanger for the Evo's and getting one cheap! 

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
DexterMorgan

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 08:52:02 PM »

Did you already talk to the guys at pro-Italia?  I remember seeing it there, but never got in contact with someone.

-Adam-
2013 Monster 1100 Evo
2013 Monster 796 (wife's)
DexterMorgan

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 06:51:43 PM »

Any updates on this sir?

-Adam-
2013 Monster 1100 Evo
Skybarney
Fako

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 08:26:56 PM »

Yup back ordered at Pro Italia as well.  Gonna buy an Evotec as a temporary measure.  Maybe I will sell it when I sell my lovely "comfort" seat.....

Heath

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »

My advice would be to just sit tight. It is not a part you NEED for the bike to work. Focus on other things and enjoy riding. [dolph]

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
DexterMorgan

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 06:33:20 PM »

My advice would be to just sit tight. It is not a part you NEED for the bike to work. Focus on other things and enjoy riding. [dolph]

From what I have seen, Sky's bike is mostly made up of things you "dont need" for it to work, but damn his bike looks sweet!   chug

-Adam-
2013 Monster 1100 Evo
Skybarney
Fako

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 06:12:09 PM »

Dexter is right, 

My goal has to been to modify my bike without it looking modified.  I am fortunate enough to be able to buy whatever I would like and admittedly I have spent a fair bit of cash just making stock better.  gotta love not having kids or a pesky wife Grin

I think my next big purchases will be a better seat, letting Dave Moss have his way with my front forks and then buying new tires as I already have 4k on the beast.  When I do the rear tire I will also add a shiny red aluminum sprocket cover with black nuts.  (no black nuts jokes please) I am building this bike with the intent of it looking better and working better than stock yet still not drawing the attention of our local Highway Patrol.

Ducs are a labor of love, we all have our own ideas of how to do it best.  And ya know what?  They are ALL great ( :

Oh and Dexter has the best aftermarket parts in the room, a wife with a bike ( :

DexterMorgan

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 10:15:02 AM »

Oh and Dexter has the best aftermarket parts in the room, a wife with a bike ( :

Man, that's the truth!! Hot wife that loves to ride!  Since I've had my bike for a few months, she now wants a white 796.  Just have to get her to sell that victory.   Smiley   Some guys wife's want shoes and purses, mine wants a new Duc.  I'm blessed!  Haha!

-Adam-
2013 Monster 1100 Evo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: