Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 23, 2024, 06:21:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crowdfunding MTS tank  (Read 2878 times)
nickshelby500kr
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 04:42:19 AM »

And someone kindly explain WTF is up in WSBK with the Panigale!  I think I heard in the commentary last round that the Ducatis have fuel restrictors that limit their performance as a "competition adjustment" until the true ability of the bike in relation to the other competitors can be firmly established...

Of course I'd much rather believe this than the obvious alternative  bang head  bang head

The twins because they get a displacement advantage over the inline and v4's, the governing party over WSBK has put intake running size restrictions on the 1199. So basically the pani is choking down the straights while the BMW and Aprilia is high revving and free breathing.
Pinocchio
Unsung

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 05:17:21 AM »

Right, a manufacturer can't be allowed to hold an advantage over the field due to "unfair" design improvements! They must install restrictors and limiters, and carry extra weight. Police

If the organizing bodies could limit competition to "2-strokes only", the European brands would have to go away and leave motorcycle racing to the Japanese.  So we must conclude that emissions standards haven't been entirely anti-competitive, although the fact that they allow Ducati to stay on the roster is an unintended consequence. Angry

1969 Scrambler (450 “Jupiter”), 2005 MTS 1000DS, 2007 Monster S4RS, 2010 MTS 1200S Touring, 2018 Monster 1200R, 2021 Monster 937+
nickshelby500kr
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2013, 07:30:56 AM »

I'm also left to assume that bikes that regularly sit for long periods of time are more susceptible to this because ethanol attracts water and I guess the plastic used absorbs water. So riding regularly and filling up with fresh gas often will help prolong the tanks life. Which is also why people report that draining the tanks COMPLETELY and letting them sit for a few weeks the tank shrinks back up because all the absorbed water has evaporated.
muskrat

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2013, 10:12:41 AM »

I still say NO excuse whatsoever.

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: