Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 07:58:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fishtale trackday @ NHIS 7/3/08  (Read 4526 times)
DrDesmo

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 03:22:21 PM »

Looks like you had a blast!

Maybe some aftermarket rearsets will help you reduce some grinding. I have yet to scrape any metal parts on my S2R at the track or canyons after I installed Sato rearsets. But then again, I will need to lean the bike a bit more.

Sato rear sets you say? Interesting ...  [moto]

Adam

'95 916
'12 800XC
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 05:19:20 PM »

Thanks for the pointers. I am getting more and more comfortable with hanging off the bike. I have only done a few track days and I think I'm doing ok so far.

I've never liked the term "hanging" off the bike.  It implies that you don't have a firm foundation on it still.  You'll get off more if you lead with your torso and square your hips and shoulders towards the turn.  Then to get back on, squeeze your thighs together.  It was the advice given by a Cornerspeed instructor to avoid getting the old Doohan-like position.  It's not just your butt that has to get off the bike.

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
tufty

Where did my money go?

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 04:35:55 AM »

I don't think it's a great idea to bring the S2R to the track again..... not quite enough clearance to avoid dragging hard parts!  Shocked

Well i never grounded any hard parts on my S4R, you just have to scoot your butt off the seat more.

Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 07:08:53 AM »

Well i never grounded any hard parts on my S4R, you just have to scoot your butt off the seat more.

Dude, Nice suit! I love the Gericke stuff and the Celtic is awsome. I almost bought one from STG last year but they were out of my size.  bang head

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
tufty

Where did my money go?

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 07:33:35 AM »

Dude, Nice suit! I love the Gericke stuff and the Celtic is awsome. I almost bought one from STG last year but they were out of my size.  bang head

Thanks, for the price I think it's the best suit out there.
DrDesmo

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 07:51:13 AM »

waytogo

Adam

'95 916
'12 800XC
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 08:52:28 AM »

Thanks, for the price I think it's the best suit out there.

Without question.

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: