Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 01, 2024, 04:16:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homemade mods  (Read 289149 times)
ccm900

« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2011, 10:56:17 PM »

cool thread... "subscribe" for future references waytogo
Desert Dust
Ten Most Popular Uses for a

"There's no glamour in Nirvana, no glamour at all"

« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2011, 09:02:35 PM »

This is the triumph rider,

It does not bother me that much since the only time we are side by side is at stop lights or when I stop by and see it on the lift at his shop. Gay night is the only time I see ducati riders going somewhere fast. Nakeds were meant to  be rode by hooligans maybe you should hang out with more triumph riders, then maybe you could grow a set of your own  Tongue.
Triumphs are nice bikes. I once owned a 750 Bonneville. By the way, how many World Superbike Championships has Triumph won?  laughingdp

07 S2R 1K:  "You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”
take risks
She gagged on my

you can go faster

« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2011, 08:19:34 AM »

Triumphs are nice bikes. I once owned a 750 Bonneville. By the way, how many World Superbike Championships has Triumph won?  laughingdp

nice.

oh hey has the Ducati factory ever burnt down?

2000 VFR 800 - wrecked
2007 Ducati Monster 695
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2011, 10:30:33 PM »

This is the triumph rider,

It does not bother me that much since the only time we are side by side is at stop lights or when I stop by and see it on the lift at his shop. Gay night is the only time I see ducati riders going somewhere fast. Nakeds were meant to  be rode by hooligans maybe you should hang out with more triumph riders, then maybe you could grow a set of your own  Tongue.

<mod hat>

In the meantime, keep it on topic. You'll note the fish in these waters are too wise to bite at bait that stinky.

</mod hat>

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
sejman

« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2011, 09:22:06 AM »

Back on topic:

I modified my clutch cover (got a scratch/dent for $10 on fleabay) and did a rattle can paint job and came up with this (excuse the bad cell phone pic and dirty bike):

Clutch cover inspired by Juan's bike (my personal fave DMF bike)

It's been about 6 months and has held up well.  VHT gold paint and plain old rustoleum red for the springs.  I just sanded the spring caps to remove the rust and haven't messed with them.  Really need to replace those spring bolts with stainless now...

You'll also notice "dremeled" belt covers.

Yuck - just noticed how dirty my rear brake fluid is...time to bleed/flush!
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2011, 08:14:46 PM »

Clutch cover inspired by Juan's bike (my personal fave DMF bike)

Mine too.

And nice work. Looks retro. I dig it.  waytogo

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
Mojo S2R
Wearing a cape offline so that others know I am a

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2011, 10:56:54 PM »

I like it.   waytogo  Slick idea. 

lawmaster891

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2011, 08:18:55 PM »

put some pod filters today and modified the air box so that it is just a battery box

mattfwalters

« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2011, 04:58:29 PM »

Today I was curious if it is possible to remove the carbon canister, ugly plastic shroud and re-mount the horn / regulator elsewhere using only parts that are already on the bike. I ended up buying a couple of bolts (and used some three-bond I had around) to block the canister inlets on the throttle bodies, but otherwise was completely successful. It's not super-pretty, but it worked:

I need to go back and zip-tie the clutch cable in place, and the horn isn't in a useful / pretty spot (regulator is now mounted where the horn was) so I'll need to deal with it too, but I'm pretty pleased.
Raux
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2011, 11:39:05 AM »

For the horn I took the horn mount and bent it 90 deg and used the unused  oil cooler mount.
mattfwalters

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2011, 12:00:42 PM »

For the horn I took the horn mount and bent it 90 deg and used the unused  oil cooler mount.

Seems like a good plan! I'll have a go at that. Thanks!
Skyshadow
'01 Monster 750 Dark

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2011, 03:57:37 PM »

Before tail Chop

Dismantled and about to cut frame

Goodbye about 5" of frame

All Complete Smiley

Total cost was around $10, made out of thick sheet metal just cut and bent to the right parameters

- Homemade Exhaust
- K&N filter
- Tail chop w/ integrated tail light
- Sliders
My rear brake is just for looks.
CookieMonster
me like twisties NOM NOM NOM!

Mone Rone

« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2011, 03:07:49 AM »

I am sooooo digging the red frame
They came stock like that? What year is your Monster if you don't mind me asking...and what size engine

Chopped, cored, and painted a set of stocker cans (off a 620) prior to getting my sils:

Used a Dremel to cut the welds on the cap, miter saw to cut about 3" off, rivet gun to close her up, and Dupli-color engine enamel (ceramic, 500-degree, gloss) to paint 'em.

I also did the sprocket cover mod (same as OP except with a router and trim bit):

"Friend don't let friends ride stock"
-S2R1k 992 DESMO LIFE
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2011, 11:14:21 AM »

A lot of the mods on my bike are home made. The swing arm was hand made at Norms house. I made the cans and wiring harness. I did the tail chop as well as removing the old computer and gauges. They were replaced with the pre 2002 ignition. Well in short I did all of the work to this bike.Lots of home made mods. Grin

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
lawmaster891

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2011, 05:18:01 PM »

very nice. id love to see some more pix of the single sided swingarm. i have been intersted in doing this to my bike for quite some time
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: