Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 01:55:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Postponed - FOURTH ANNUAL SEASON-KICK-OFF BBQ - Postponed  (Read 3627 times)
Geaux

« on: May 07, 2008, 04:37:22 AM »

We've got RSVPs from 19 people so far. If weather uncertainty is holding you back, just post here that you plan to come, weather permitting. As for paying in advance, if weather is bad we'll reschedule. If you can't make the new date, we'll refund your money, less $1 for PayPal. But the RSVP is more important than the money right now. As for it being Mother's Day, bring her along. There'll be a special reward for all the Moms -- seriously, a box of chocolates.

In so Far:

Lisa W & Zooooooooooooooooooooom
Jen & Hy
Gene & Nora
Nora's lovely daughters (ages 13 & 15 -- down you yobbos)
Emily & Stillie
Emily's Mom
Scott Bacon (MAD)
Kevin & Anne (Victory MC)
Bill & Jenna Jameson
Tim & Justin
Eric
Austin

What? You missed the first three? Well, don't miss this one!

INVITEES: members and their guests from Capital Area Monsters (Ducati Monster List), Mid-Atlantic Ducati and Victory Motorcycle Club. At least one person in each party must be a club member. If you're reading this but are not a club member, there is plenty of time to fix that.

DATE AND TIME: Sunday, May 11, 2008, 12:30 to 6:30 PM

LOCATION: The meadow on the north side of Goose Creek in beautiful downtown Delaplane, VA, Adjacent to 3049 Delaplane Grade Rd. Map is here: .

Parking will be off-street, at the edge of the meadow. THE GROUND WILL BE SOFT -- BRING A PUCK. No riding on the meadow, except to/from parking.

MENU: Burgers, hot dogs, chicken thingies, cole slaw, potato salad, brownies, salsa and chips, soft drinks

THIS IS A NO-ALCOHOL EVENT. IF YOU BRING OR CONSUME ANY, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY.

COST: $15 per person in advance; $18 on the day. Send money via PayPal to Lisa W. at dolcissima695@gmail.com. Please note your name and club affiliation on the payment request and print out and bring your receipt. There is no other way to pay in advance -- sorry.

Hope to see everyone there. Bill Bowen
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:36:21 PM by Genuine » Logged
dolci

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 06:37:50 AM »

Got it, Tim.  Thanks. wt:

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing; however, they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
eettare

1098, S4

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 06:50:12 AM »

I am in, but will pay at the door, looks like it might get moved to another date.

for Ducati Track Days JOIN......www.mad-ducati.com......Ducati Owners Club
for great service take your bike to ......www.ducpond.com
dolci

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 06:51:04 AM »

I am in, but will pay at the door, looks like it might get moved to another date.

At this point, that is very likely. 

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing; however, they can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
Stillie
Daddy?

PIITB

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 04:11:10 AM »

At this point, that is very likely. 

So I'm assuming this is definite now. Do we have the new date yet?

-Stefan
US Army 96-03
CCS# 248 Am
Macabre Motorsports
2009 Sponsors and Supporters:
Kat's Truck Parts LLC | RnR Cycles | Scorpion EXO | Woodcraft | Vortex Racing | Sidi Boots | Lockhart-Phillips
dolci

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 04:48:09 AM »

No new date yet.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 02:56:32 PM »

Im in and will pay at the door. Weather permitting.

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
dolci

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 04:32:52 AM »

Not to whine or anything, but do we really already know what the weather is going to be like on Sunday?   Sheesh, I already dissed my Mom on Mother's Day to go to this thing, and now it's postponed?

I believe there were a few issues going on
I had not received payment from very many folks - hard to anticipate how much food to buy when people are not RSVP-ing
It is Mother's Day and some people couldn't/wouldn't diss Mom
Although the forecast last weekend ended up being GORGEOUS, there may have been some concern about a paying event that ends up going on or cancelling last minute and we can't reach people to let them know one way or the other...

I don't know all the answers but there are some of the issues, IMHO

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
bdub

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 09:45:27 AM »

Any wood on the new date for the picnic?
I want to be there

2005 900ie
now with mivv s'

Y2K  M900 ie  totaled  10/09/08
dolci

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 01:32:49 PM »

Have not heard anything yet.  As soon as a date is selected, we'll get it posted.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 08:28:40 AM »

Have not heard anything yet.  As soon as a date is selected, we'll get it posted.

And I'd also like to ask for a refund of at least my mother's ticket, since she is now back at home in FL.  I won't know if Stillie can attend until after a new date is selected.

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
dolci

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 12:10:03 PM »

And I'd also like to ask for a refund of at least my mother's ticket, since she is now back at home in FL.  I won't know if Stillie can attend until after a new date is selected.

I won't be at Rhodeside this week (most likely) so PM me your address and I'll mail a check out.

2005 620ie
1998 GS500E - gone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: