Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 24, 2024, 05:29:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soooo...what do you all think  (Read 61315 times)
red baron

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 08:10:02 PM »

Would this be in the wanted ads as well?

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 08:16:11 PM »

boo

Come on..you've seen them..err one..posted enough Howie.  I'm sure you could mod them into a hell of a potato gun to shoot those evil squirrels!   Grin

DP..I've only gone into the section a handful of times.  I didn't recognize but maybe 2-3 members.  Not sure I would buy from those people unless I could get someone here to put in a good word for them.  Read too many horror story threads in here to just buy from anyone.

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
hbliam
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 09:32:24 PM »

I agree with a required post count but it should be much more then 25. I agree with a member since requirement as well.

The last guy I had a problem with used this place as Craigslist. He didn't give two shits about any sense of community.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 09:59:56 PM »

I agree with a required post count but it should be much more then 25. I agree with a member since requirement as well.
You're right. The more I think about it the more I come to the conclusion it should be MUCH more than 25.  Add a zero and we're getting close maybe...

The last guy I had a problem with used this place as Craigslist. He didn't give two shits about any sense of community.
We know.  And these proposed measures wouldn't have stopped him anyway.  Maybe it's time to suck that one up and move on now, eh.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
hbliam
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 10:25:08 PM »

We know.  And these proposed measures wouldn't have stopped him anyway.  Maybe it's time to suck that one up and move on now, eh.

I did. But it's relevant to this discussion.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 10:30:35 PM »

I did. But it's relevant to this discussion.
How so?

hbliam
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 10:41:11 PM »

How so?

Read my post. It's pretty clear how it was relevant. Either proposed option....if set to a longer term then 25 posts and/or the  proposed "member since" may have kept him out of the classifieds. 95% of his posts were in the classifieds.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 11:08:17 PM »

Read my post. It's pretty clear how it was relevant. Either proposed option....if set to a longer term then 25 posts and/or the  proposed "member since" may have kept him out of the classifieds............
I read your post.  And don't agree that it was pretty clear.... that's why I asked. 

If it was pretty clear I would've pretty clearly comprehended it's relevance.

Rather, what I thought.... was that it's pretty unclear what a long term, fairly prolific former poster has to do with this discussion.

That's why.

I asked  Kiss.

I actually think he's the exception and including him as part of the consideration only muddies the waters.  Guys like that will buck any system, more's the pity. 

But setting minimum requirements may filter out the casual opportunist.  On that we can agree I think.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 02:16:33 AM »

Would this be in the wanted ads as well?
I'm only talking about selling.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

bdub

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 04:25:57 AM »

I agree with the member since count. number of post is your choice.
You do such a good job here your judgement is ok with me.

But I'm not very active, so there is that

2005 900ie
now with mivv s'

Y2K  M900 ie  totaled  10/09/08
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 04:47:31 AM »

I think the member since thing can be defeated as someone joins up and then goes and does whatever on a couple of the VS boards and comes back months later with 3 posts to try and sell what didn't on the VS boards...

post count limitation will deter most I think...those that post "+1" and "bump" postings could potentially be moderated to have those posts removed if it is noticed that in fact it is what they are doing, which SHOULD bring their post count back down below that threshold....but that requires a little more vigilance from the current mod staff...something that ( from what I can see) apparently is a bit more work for the current active staff...perhaps a couple more mods to be added to aid in this?!?!?!

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
DesmoDiva

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2013, 05:10:26 AM »

I agree with the member since count. number of post is your choice.
You do such a good job here your judgement is ok with me.

+1.    Grin

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
ChrisK

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 05:35:17 AM »

Not sure it matters at this point but I vote for a lower post count, say 15, and a length of membership of say 3 months.

I recently tried to sell some items on the ducati.ms forum but couldn't because I didn't have the 25 posts. I've been a lurker on there for a year, occasionally learning something new, etc, etc. But, since I have this forum, I really have no reason to post on there. I think I'm at 17 posts, but I'm not going to say meaningless crap for 8 more just to get to the number, because I know that pisses people off. 15 posts and lurking for 3 months pretty well validates somebody as at least being interested in Monsters. There will still be the folks that you have to boot out or even just live with. But I'm weary of making it too difficult to get in because then we may start missing out on great opportunities to buy nice, second-hand parts.

1998 M900
2007 CBR600RR Track Bike
1982 Virago 920 Cafe/Fighter Project
1980 Lambretta Moped
Supra Boats enthusiast

"There is no minimum."  - some guy.
Kabulpostie

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 05:45:22 AM »

I am more in favor of the "member since" option. I don't post often but I am on the site nearly every day just reading new post or old posts. I don't have anything to sell, but that could be changing (2006 S2R 1K Shock any one?Smiley  )
Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 07:30:26 AM »

The more thought I put into it the more I think time as a member should be considered more than post count.  Personally I would make it more than 90 days before any new member can post to the classifieds.  This will discourage those that join just to sell shit.  It will also give the community a little bit of time to get to know them before sending them money for something.

Time as a member is good for the community, number of posts?  not so much.

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: