Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 26, 2024, 01:18:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposal Would Restrict Motorcycle Passengers - Missouri  (Read 13126 times)
MendoDave
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2013, 08:32:12 PM »

I'm not even for making seat belts mandatory.

I am, for one reason, it keeps the Operator behind the wheel where they belong, instead of bouncing around all over the car.
If the vehicle gets hit from the side for instance and the Diver is knocked over to the passer side of the car, there is no one on the brakes or using the wheel and the car will go where it may after that.

Even if the going just gets rough a belt will keep your butt planted in the seat.
Ducatamount

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 02:57:54 AM »

So... the govt. should make it mandatory because it's safer? Where do we draw the line as far as the govt. protecting us from ourselves? Shouldn't people take most of the responsibility for their own safety? Wouldn't a smart person do just that? Did you know some politicians wanted mandatory seat belts on motorcycles? Do we want to people like this these making laws to protect us?
    I realize I have stepped over the "no political posts" line and will now be over in the Ban Yourself area.  Tongue

half fast
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 03:10:12 AM »

So... the govt. should make it mandatory because it's safer? Where do we draw the line as far as the govt. protecting us from ourselves? Shouldn't people take most of the responsibility for their own safety? Wouldn't a smart person do just that? Did you know some politicians wanted mandatory seat belts on motorcycles? Do we want to people like this these making laws to protect us?
    I realize I have stepped over the "no political posts" line and will now be over in the Ban Yourself area.  Tongue
Since Ducatamount himself knows this crosses the political line I would strongly suggest no one answer his question.

After reading some of the posts previous to his some other people should report to 'The Ban yourself thread' as well.

This one won't last much longer.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 07:59:53 AM »

In my state in Oz, you start with a learners permit wearing an L plate for a period and no passenger, then a P plate for 2 years iirc which is a probationary licence and no passenger, before you receive your full licence which allows for a passenger (and more powerful bike). Others from Victoria, Oz may elaobrate as I'm not up with latest.

That seems a reasonable minimum requirement. It's a graduated licencing system in that regard and far from perfect.  I normally complain about our rules down here, but these laws discourage noobs taking a passenger.I am not aware of any training re passengers in our licencing system, but I'm out of touch.
 We also have restrictions regarding numbers of passengers for probationary car licence drivers (and horsepower restrictions like no turbos, no V8s, etc) until you get your full licence.

2015 Scrambler 800
MendoDave
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 08:43:44 AM »

No Turbos would really be a bummer If you happened to drive a diesel.
El-Twin

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »

Since Ducatamount himself knows this crosses the political line I would strongly suggest no one answer his question.

After reading some of the posts previous to his some other people should report to 'The Ban yourself thread' as well.

This one won't last much longer.

(Queing-up Arlo Guthrie)...

"I don't want a pickle....... I just wanna ride my motorcicle...
And I don't wanna die...... I just wanna ride my motorceye-cle."

I believe in sticking to the basics.  Dolph

1961 Honda 50
1962 Mustang Thoroughbred
1972 Honda CB500 Four
2012 1100 evo

If I ever find myself on a winding road, holding up a line of cars with a motorcycle, I will carry the shame to my grave.   -PETER EGAN
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2013, 09:22:38 AM »

"Lefty thinking facist (sic)" = oxymoron. But I agree with the rest.

Not according to Danzig. http://21stcenturywire.com/2013/08/18/glenn-danzig-democrats-are-fascists-disguised-as-liberals/

The last thing anyone needs is more regulation. Put me down on the extreme libertarian side of this one.

IBTL
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:24:17 AM by angler » Logged

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
bdub

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2013, 09:34:57 AM »

What would be the point of a government if people were self regulating?

2005 900ie
now with mivv s'

Y2K  M900 ie  totaled  10/09/08
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2013, 09:53:19 AM »

What would be the point of a government if people were self regulating?

Not falling for that one. I haven't seen the ban hammer in a long time......

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2013, 09:55:37 AM »

Not according to Danzig. http://21stcenturywire.com/2013/08/18/glenn-danzig-democrats-are-fascists-disguised-as-liberals/

The last thing anyone needs is more regulation. Put me down on the extreme libertarian side of this one.

IBTL

Democrats aren't leftists. (not talking politics Ducpainter...just semantics)

"while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -Debs
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »

Democrats aren't leftists. (not talking politics Ducpainter...just semantics)

Are you talking to me or Glenn Danzig? I didn't make that connection.....

Actually they can be. Democrat and Republican are just labels that have drifted across the political spectrum and have even flip-flopped across time. Right now, I would argue that both parties are simply centrist with a penchant for statism and cronyism.

pesto

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2013, 03:53:58 PM »

My thoughts on this issue are that I would never correct Glenn Danzig.

2013 White M696
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2013, 04:27:14 PM »

A couple of suspensions were handed out.

Don't talk politics and tell me you're not.

K?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: