Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 02:28:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Beach Bike Week  (Read 9181 times)
Gossamer_in_FLL

« on: August 13, 2013, 06:05:25 AM »

Hello my south Florida friends!!

Who's going?

What are you bringing?

Any suggestions on when / where to meet up?  There's a rally to ride on Ocean Drive at noon on Saturday.  We could meet up a little earlier and make sure some Ducatis ride together.

I'm planning on going to the kickoff party on Friday night at the Clevelander and at some point during the morning on Saturday.

If you don't know all that's going on, here's a link to it: www.southbeachbikeweek.com

duccarlos

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 07:17:13 AM »

Is there such a thing?

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
Gossamer_in_FLL

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 08:59:51 AM »

First time they're doing it. Not sure what it'll turn into, but I was interested to go check it out.

duccarlos

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 10:54:06 AM »

The problem is that they simply don't have enough real estate in South Beach to do a proper Bike Week. Granted, I would prefer the wet t-shirt contests on Ocean Drive.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 11:51:27 AM »

The problem is that they simply don't have enough real estate in South Beach to do a proper Bike Week. Granted, I would prefer the wet t-shirt contests on Ocean Drive.

+1

Go park somewhere and walk to don't get your Duc in there . . .

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
duccarlos

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 11:57:33 AM »

+1

Go park somewhere and walk to don't get your Duc in there . . .

yeah, think about all the stretched out Gixxers you'll be exposing your beautiful bike to!

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 11:58:24 AM »

yeah, think about all the stretched out Gixxers you'll be exposing your beautiful bike to!

yup . .. plus, you into Wet Willies, you can't ride home !!!

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Gossamer_in_FLL

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 12:23:18 PM »

I honestly thought it would be a good excuse just to get together...looking at all the stretched out Gixxers, baggers blasting bachata, etc would be a plus  laughingdp

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 12:29:21 PM »

I honestly thought it would be a good excuse just to get together...looking at all the stretched out Gixxers, baggers blasting bachata, etc would be a plus  laughingdp

looking at the babes is a plus, looking at what you mention is hurtful  . . . Getting together, anytime I go to Miami, and post about it, no one replies to those posts . . . Next time, I'll pm you to get together, deal?

Carlos
Gossamer_in_FLL

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 12:40:05 PM »

looking at the babes is a plus, looking at what you mention is hurtful  . . . Getting together, anytime I go to Miami, and post about it, no one replies to those posts . . . Next time, I'll pm you to get together, deal?

I totally get what you're saying Dark.  To be honest, I never come in here and check new posts because I've never seen anyone post / respond here.  But now I know there's some movement I'll be checking more often.

And definitely let me know.  Sounds like you're not in Miami.  Where do you normally ride?

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 03:39:15 PM »

I totally get what you're saying Dark.  To be honest, I never come in here and check new posts because I've never seen anyone post / respond here.  But now I know there's some movement I'll be checking more often.

And definitely let me know.  Sounds like you're not in Miami.  Where do you normally ride?

Look at my signature or here, 

zoom in 3 times, where you see it says Chivo Chivo follow the road towards the left, Autopista Panama-Colon and/or then follow Autopista Panama-Chorrera towards the left . . .

1600 miles south of Miami . . . that I call my second home, since my grandmother and other family lives there

Carlos
Gossamer_in_FLL

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 05:12:14 AM »

Dark...you have a madass?Huh??  I used to have one and loved it!!!  Unfortunately, I had to trade it in to get the Monster. 

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 05:13:05 AM »

Dark...you have a madass?Huh??  I used to have one and loved it!!!  Unfortunately, I had to trade it in to get the Monster. 

It's a customer's, but, he's out of the country so, I have for personal use in the meantime . .  Grin

Carlos
Gossamer_in_FLL

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 05:16:39 AM »

It's a customer's, but, he's out of the country so, I have for personal use in the meantime . .  Grin

Here's my old one on the night I traded her in for Gossamer:

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 05:24:59 AM »

Cool . . . he doesn't want to sell or at an 'adequate' price, he wants to make what he paid for it plus what he paid me plus something on top, that was the reason the dealer who had them, didn't do well . ..  and people here were not going to pay $3200 for a 4 speed "bike" . . .

Carlos
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: