Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 24, 2024, 01:22:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pulled over @ 110 Last night.  (Read 5947 times)
Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« on: September 08, 2013, 07:26:26 AM »

So last night I was feeling a bit jubilant and ripped my bike down a local side road.  I was hard on the throttle when suddenly,  LIGHTS!  First thought;  Oh how the hell did I miss him.  Second thought; This is gonna be expensive.  Well the officer came walking up and said "Buddy I got you at 110 and thought you might run when I lit you up"  My response? "I have no excuse and nothing to say except I deserve the ticket".  He took my license ran it though the computer came walking back and said; "I don't want to write you a ticket honestly if I had a Ducati I probably would have been doing the same thing, but please slow it down.  My jaw fell open and all I could say was Thanks!  I promise I will never ride through your turf this fast again, lesson learned I really appreciate you being cool about it so you have my word, never again on your turf".

The next time someone tells me cops are all jerks I am gonna have to tell this story.  I have met some really nice ones over the years and this is not my first escape from a triple digit ticket, each and every time with lots of gear and in a place that endangered no one but myself.   Dolph

Feeling pretty lucky this morning!

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
Heath

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 07:49:22 AM »

What department? Go by a lotto ticket!

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
Skybarney
Fako

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 08:06:08 AM »

It was a sheriff.  Out of respect for him being so damn cool I can't put the area online.  He was much nicer than the pinhead traffic gnat in Aberdeen Washington last week.......  That gnat wrote me for 60 in a 50 wearing full gear, riding two up on a Multistrada outside of town.  Might be the last time I ride in Washington State, crazy low speed limits and undercover speed traps all over the place......

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 12:10:25 PM »

Be happy indeed. 

Where I live.... at 110mph.... on any road of any kind regardless of the posted speed limit...

110mph would have my driving licence instantly canceled - there and then by the roadside...

And the bike impounded.

Phone a friend... call a taxi... or walk home.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/SafetyAndRules/RoadRules/Penalties/VehicleImpoundment.htm

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Chucko9-696

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 03:54:34 PM »

Here in New York anything over 100 is a felony. bye bye bike, license  Undecided

'09 Monster 696
2013 Yamaha V Star 950 tourer
Pedro-bot

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 06:14:13 PM »

They're all jerks.

Not really. They're just people like the rest of us. I know of a few, some are family members. Waiting for Hbilam? to chime in.
 cheeky

1999 M750 AKA Little Blue Monster, 2002 S4, 2006 Sport 1000, 2008 Sport 1000, 2005 749s, 2018 R NineT Urban GS
red baron

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 06:56:38 PM »

I also had one overlook my shenanigans last weekend, speeding and passing on a double yellow.

Thanks mister. waytogo

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
Curmudgeon

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 08:14:17 PM »

Go by a lotto ticket!
waytogo Buy a handful. I've got a badge in my pocket but wouldn't trust it for that!

As for Washington, what do you expect from the State of Starbucks?  Cool

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 09:17:31 PM »

In Hawaii either 30 over the posted limit or over 80 mph you are up shit creek without a paddle.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Husker4life

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 09:38:35 PM »

In Hawaii either 30 over the posted limit or over 80 mph you are up shit creek without a paddle.

Yup, I can't wait to get back state side. Only 10 more months left!
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 10:14:05 PM »

What department? Go by a lotto ticket!

laughingdp

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
Skybarney
Fako

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 08:45:36 AM »

I do indeed feel quite lucky.  I also feel kinda stupid, that was pretty quick for nighttime.  bang head 

It is pretty rare these days to run into a Spirit of the Law officer.  I think they are being phased out  Wink

duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 09:21:31 AM »

Central Washington state is cool.  Most recent run-in was a transition from a 50 to 35, but there had been a recent fire and there were crews out there doing clean-up.  I got nipped right at the transition, "51 in a 35", (I usually slow down anyway, was just a little behind on brake application that day), but he was just letting people know to be really careful right there due to the fire crews.

My wife hates me when it comes to this subject.  Grin  I've been pulled over 5-6 times... only ever got one fix-it ticket, which went away when I showed proof it had been fixed.  She's been pulled over twice, and one of those was a $400 ticket.  Shocked

She was with me this latest time.  She was all smug when I got pulled over, saying it was about time I got busted.  She just about hit me when Mr. Sheriff came back and gave me a warning. Wink

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
Skybarney
Fako

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 09:36:50 AM »

Duc,  The non stop 30mph through any kind of small town and the 50mph limits for miles on end on open roads drove me nuts.  Granted we were there during the Labor Day weekend.  Although the two days on the coast prior to the weekend were amazing, we rode the Multistrada like we stole it.  This was a brand new tire 2350 miles prior....

We had to slab back on 97 so rode silly quick in a fairly straight line.  It showed cord 100miles from home  Wink

duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 09:59:57 AM »

Yeah, most of us locals are pretty loose with the 50mph limits on the straight, open farmland roads.  Wink  Folks generally go 55-60, speeders go 65-70... just gotta watch for the occasional John Deere doing 25.  cheeky  Oh, and cattle drives.  Yes, sometimes they drive the cattle down the paved highways.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: