Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 23, 2024, 09:17:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's your lecture about proper riding gear.  (Read 6800 times)
Raux
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2013, 09:15:26 AM »

i consistently tear through jeans falling up and down stairs... sitting on my couch.... sliding on the floor of my garage working on the bikes....
not sure what your jeans are made of, but you may be overestimating them.
you are probably right. first thing with my paycheck I'm buying kevlar khakis with the knee inserts to wear to work.
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2013, 11:13:43 AM »

wasn't trying to be smart... i can't fault you. i wear jeans 9 out of 10 times i ride...
i tried the kevlar jeans thing, but it was like wearing a diaper... just felt so weird.
it seems like pants that are made for "both" riding and living in... well... just don't seem to work well.

i bought some revit airwave pants that i friggin love, but they just don't flex enough in the hip region for me when riding. they get very very uncomfortable.

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
Skybarney
Fako

Feel free to PM me - No public replies.

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2013, 01:01:57 PM »

Don't wear Levi's!  They are not as thick as they used to be.  I found a great pair of pants made by Kuhl Mountain Wear.  They are not a motorcycle pant but they are thicker than Cartharts and they have articulated knees.  Not to bad to ride in and roomy enough for some armor.   

Two things I don't do.  Keyboard bullies and hypocrites.
Feel free to PM me if needed, otherwise you will find me elsewhere.
spolic

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »

When I can ride, it is ATGTT. I've got to. For my wife, my son, and my family and friends. I might be will to take the risk if it were just me, but not with a family.

my .02 cents

He man, where are all the ads?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: