Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 09:29:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E-15 Hearing  (Read 4976 times)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 09:23:21 AM »

I have a truck that runs on E85 and I cant find any! I have a bike that should only use gas and I cant find any! If ethanol was such a great idea, then why not have two fuel standards. Gas without ethanol and E-85?
You should go out of your way to try some E-85. My 2003 car "can" run on it (by law) but... My son bought a car last year which is optimized for E-85, not just compatible. He tried some. Got 20% less mileage although it was 10% cheaper than E-10 Premium at the same location. Even THAT car does best on Pure Gas BTW.

IMO E-10 should only exist in high polution metro areas where it substitutes for fuel which used to be formulated with MTBE which was pulled due to health concerns in ground water. Otherwise, sell both Pure Gas and E-10 at actual cost and let the market decide!

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
twolanefun

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 09:53:07 AM »

and let the market decide!

Exactly! And FWIW I would be willing to pay extra for premium non-ethanol blend. - Gene

"I know a few roads"
92' PASO 907ie
02' M900 54K+ Miles
04' ST3 58k+miles - Sold
01' Victory Sportcruiser 30K miles, 04' Victory Kingpin - 111K+ miles
09' XR1200 - 15K+ miles
13' Diavel - 13K+ Miles Pay attention and things will be okay
EX-MSF Instructor, EX-President MAD
AMA Charter Life Member, Patriot Guard Rider
Victory Motorcycle Club, Charter Member
Patriot Guard Rider
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 06:11:59 AM »

Chevy Chase has e85 but I totally agree.  Oz has mix - at - the - pump ethanol so you can select what grade u want.  Alas.   Not here.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Curmudgeon

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »

Just got this update. I've deleted the source so that nanny won't pregnant dog.  Cool
________________________________________________________________________________

Federal Bill of Interest to Motorcyclists

February 5, 2014
The Motorcycle Riders Foundation reports that the United States House of Representatives has passed a bill that would end a federal subsidy for biofuel blender pumps in rural areas. The measure passed by a vote of 251-166.  The Senate is expected to vote on the matter next week and there is little that those in support of the subsidies can do to reinstate the money. President Obama is expected to sign the legislation into law.

Putting an end to these subsidies will likely result in less biofuel blender pumps in the market place and therefore less E-15 fuel.  As most of you know, E-15 is gasoline that is blended with 15% ethanol.  Obviously that is a 50% increase in ethanol over the standard E-10 that most of us are used to seeing and using.  There are questions regarding how E-15 will affect engines, especially smaller ones.  The Motorcycle Industry Counsel claims that E-15 could affect engine durability and deterioration.  Further, if your motorcycle is damaged by E-15, you have no legal recourse.   Passage of this bill should be welcome news to all motorcycle riders.

2011 796 ABS "Pantah" - Rizoma Bar, 14T, Tech Spec, Ohlins DU-737, Evaps removed, Sargent Seat, Pantah skins
DRKWNG

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 07:14:45 PM »

Just got this update. I've deleted the source so that nanny won't pregnant dog.  Cool

I pregnant doged when you plugged the name of an attorney/business, and the legislation that entity was advocating.

Quit being a pompous ass.   

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Curmudgeon

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 07:33:04 AM »

EPA Acknowledges Ethanol Damages Engines
Courtesy of American Motorcyclist Association
Monday, April 21, 2014

American Motorcyclist Association
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has publicly acknowledged that ethanol in gasoline can damage internal combustion engines by increasing exhaust temperatures and indirectly causing component failures, the American Motorcyclist Association reports.

The EPA statements are found in a rule proposal issued by the Federal Trade Commission regarding a new label for pumps that supply fuel blends high in ethanol.

According to the EPA, "ethanol impacts motor vehicles in two primary ways. First ... ethanol enleans the [air/fuel] ratio (increases the proportion of oxygen relative to hydrocarbons) which can lead to increased exhaust gas temperatures and potentially increase incremental deterioration of emission control hardware and performance over time, possibly causing catalyst failure. Second, ethanol can cause materials compatibility issues, which may lead to other component failures.

"In motorcycles and nonroad products [using E15 and higher ethanol blends], EPA raised engine-failure concerns from overheating."

These EPA statements, contained in the FTC document, back the long-held position of the AMA.

"The American Motorcyclist Association has fought the distribution of E15 fuel blends in an effort to protect motorcycle and all-terrain vehicles from the damage that ethanol causes," said Wayne Allard, AMA vice president for government relations. "Now the EPA acknowledges that ethanol itself is harmful to emissions hardware and other components on all motor vehicles. It is time for the federal government to pause, take a hard look at this product and change its entire approach to ethanol in fuels."

E15 is a gasoline formulation that contains up to 15 percent ethanol by volume.

None of the estimated 22 million motorcycles and ATVs currently in operation can use fuels with blends higher than 10 percent ethanol. Doing so could void the manufacturer's warranty, in addition to causing damage to the vehicle.

The AMA applauded the EPA's decision in its proposed rule to roll back the requirement for wider distribution and use of E15 under its Renewable Fuel Standard.

The AMA also is concerned about the continued availability of E10 blends and E0 fuels -- gasoline with zero ethanol content -- if E15 is allowed to permeate the marketplace.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: