Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 01:20:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The state of NESBA?  (Read 3966 times)
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« on: March 06, 2014, 05:49:39 AM »

Seems like NESBA is in trouble - anyone have deeper insights than dot.net has scrounged up?

http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f32/current-state-nesba-83063/

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 06:59:42 AM »

Bob Blanford freely getting his $$$ from his organization before it falls into oblivion is quite frankly not exactly a surpise

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
venomousr1993

Snapping Like a Squirrel

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 05:50:07 PM »

The forum...like any forum has a lot of folks that just don't know what they are talking about.  NESBA has been around for a while...it seems the communication piece needs some attention.  Several members have stepped up to update the site and help in several other ways.  Lots of track day orgs have raised their prices this year, yet racing prices have gone down.

Places like VIR who spent $$$$ to repave their track have increased their rental rates and as such track day prices for us have gone up. 

Motorcycle excitement is too limited with only 3 tracks and Shenandoah is just plain dangerous.  At least NESBA and TPM have a wide variety of courses. I'll be talking to TPM this week to see what they can offer a poor enlisted man so he can ride on the track.

zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 03:34:53 AM »

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=33263

NESBA is no more....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 07:47:44 AM »

Motorcycle excitement is too limited with only 3 tracks and Shenandoah is just plain dangerous.  At least NESBA and TPM have a wide variety of courses. I'll be talking to TPM this week to see what they can offer a poor enlisted man so he can ride on the track.

If you hadn't heard - we're getting another track in the area - about 60 miles south of DC, so pretty damn close to you.

A chat with TPM folks and Roger has them both looking to get days there once it's open. Guessing 2015 season at this point, but it;s under construction

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
venomousr1993

Snapping Like a Squirrel

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 02:07:46 PM »

NESBA has officially changed ownership and will be N2 Trackdays.  The new leadership are based off Control Riders from NESBA and share a strong desire as many of us do to ride in a safe environment.  I look forward to continue to ride with the NESBA folks as permits...between racing CCS and WERA this year, my time for track days in minimized.   

I get 10x more experience in one race weekend than I would in 10 track days.

tocino

96 900 SS/CR, 75 Guzzi 850-T, 74 MkIIa Commando

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 01:40:03 PM »

Just got this letter (I'm sure anyone who's ever ran with NESBA has, but in case you haven't):

Subject: N2 Track Days & NESBA

In case you haven't heard, N2 Track Days is a newly formed organization that has recently assumed NESBA's track day operations. We are pleased to announce that the 2014 N2 Track Day schedule is up and registration is open!

The N2 management team and many of the N2 volunteers were NESBA control riders who have devoted their time and energy to this sport. Our team is customer focused and we;re taking track days back to what they used to be.

Rest assured, that when you attend an N2 track event, you will see many familiar faces. We will be taking the knowledge and experience gained during the 17 years NESBA has been running track days and adding better organization and customer service to our N2 events.

The N2 mission statement is simple: provide a safe and structured riding environment for sportbike riders of all levels. Our staff is comprised of many club-racers and track day riders who are articulate and passionate about this sport. We want you to enjoy your riding experience while also honing your skills and inspiring confidence in your riding ability.

The 2014 season schedule is up and registration is open. To get started, login to your account at http://my.n2td.org/ or visit the nesba.com site and click on "My Account". Once logged in, you should feel right at home. Your existing account information has been preserved, bike number, emergency contacts, and existing NESBA credits. You may notice some overlap with the N2 and NESBA names as we finalize the re-branding of the track day portion of the website, but the site and registration is both fully managed by N2 Track Days, LLC and connected with our N2 merchant account. The NESBA/Yamaha Demo Program will be available at our events as well, so look for their announcements and dates soon.

We know many of you have been eager for registration to open and we are happy to announce that it is now live! Make sure you register for our season opener at Road Atlanta, April 18-20 soon, as the buzz and interest in this event is strong! As part of our season kick-off, all riders at our Road Atlanta season opener will receive a FREE quality N2 t-shirt.

For those of you who do not have a N2 or NESBA membership yet or need to renew your membership we have something for you! We are currently offering our basic membership for $5 (normally $25). No, that is not a typo! Elite memberships are also available. Season Pass holders please contact support@n2td.org to schedule your days.

We look forward to seeing you at the racetrack throughout the 2014 season. Thank you again for your patience and for helping us to make this possible and for your continued support in the coming months. Please keep the ideas and suggestions coming.

Check us out on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/N2TrackDays

N2 Track Days, LLC

"Purchase this fine motorbike and you will find yourself swimming in a ocean of pre-feminist, lose-moraled women in see-through clothing without any buttons." - PipeBurn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: