Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 14, 2024, 01:15:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting ready to install an oil cooler  (Read 1403 times)
metallimonster

« on: July 09, 2008, 06:12:02 PM »

So I am getting ready to install an oil cooler on my 02 620.  I have all the parts I need and just wanted to make sure I have the installation process down.
I need to drain oil and take off filter, pull stud for oil filter and reinstall with diverter valve ( Only goes on one way right?), pull plugs in case for lines and attach lines, remove valve cover and install new one, bolt on cooler attach lines to cooler, fill er up and go.  I think that covers it but if anyone has any suggestions or any extra advice please let me know. 

Also, I thought CA-Cycle works had a how to video but I can't seem to find it.  TOB sucks to find shit on.  If anyone has a how to write up, pictures, or can help me find that video I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks in advance waytogo

Wherever I May Roam, Where I Lay My Head Is Home
02 620 Dark- High Mount CF Arrows
metallimonster

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 06:54:42 PM »

So I just layed everything out to make sure it was all there and I realized I am missing 2 of the nipples for the lines along with the crush washers for the nipples to the case/cooler (x4).  My dealership kind of sucks so I am guessing they will not have either of these things.  Does anyone know if I can get them somewhere else or just have to order them if the dealership doesn't have them?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 06:53:56 AM by metallimonster » Logged

MotoPsycho
General Nuisance and a

My Dream, my rules !

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 07:22:36 PM »

I can't see crush washers being really all that different so you might be able to take the fittings to an autoparts store and get the right ones.

Seems like you got the process down, just need the rest of the stuff to go with it. waytogo

Edgar: '99 M750 - 2009 Indy Ducati Rat Bike Award Winner
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 10:24:39 PM »

Try our sponsors, both dealer and non-dealer, they may have some on hand.

I don't have any spares.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
metallimonster

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 10:16:09 AM »

So my shity dealership doesn't have the two nipples/fittings, 4 crush washers for the fittings, or the 8 o-rings I need to install this.  Does anyone know where I can get these quick.  Please help.

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 10:30:01 AM »

Ducati Seattle?

Advanced Motor Sports  (Texas) ?

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
metallimonster

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 11:55:23 AM »

Thanks for the advice Speed Dog,
I am going to try a local Fastenal and another performance shop tomorrow before I have them ordered.
I live in Columbus and got a hold of a dealership in Akron that tells me they can have them in a week so I'll probably order them from there and I'll have an excuse for a 2.5 hr drive up there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: