Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 02:44:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Houston Help...  (Read 7893 times)
DomDucati

« on: April 19, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »

Houston folks, I have been struggling with an issue starting my bike for some time now.  While an ankle injury has kept me from working on or riding the bike for a few months, I am stumped.  I have had advice from the Tech board here and have tried a new battery, but the ol' steed won't start for some reason.  I don't have a trailer or method of taking the bike to a shop to get properly looked at.  Anyone willing to help me load it up and drag it to a shop in exchange for a meal?  I don't even know who is lurking on this local board anymore, but it would be nice to catch up with some of the old crew.  Any new advice on what could be wrong would be helpful also.  Hope everyone is doing well!
wasabi

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 10:26:26 AM »

Doing well here in San Antonio. I still check this board regularly. Unfortunately since I am in SA I probably can't be much assistance from here, also I am not that technically inclined when it comes to motorcycle engines. I wish you luck. get well soon!

Brian

'07 695 Monster
"The life of a repo man is always intense"
Blackout

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:29:28 AM »

Tons of collective knowledge on the main board. Maybe you can solve it by posting on that board. More info needed on what happens when you try to start it...

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
DomDucati

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 11:05:32 AM »

Tons of collective knowledge on the main board. Maybe you can solve it by posting on that board. More info needed on what happens when you try to start it...

The Tech Board has been very helpful.  Already been down the road with everything suggested there.  I probably just need someone with a trailer to help me get it to a professional...
DesmoLu
If only he'd had a

"You're like a stray wild animal" -- my ex

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 11:02:56 PM »

Dom, do you still live in the same house? If so you could wheel it over to Andi down back streets. I know that's not ideal, but it could work. If you're still having the issue I could likely help arrange a lift in my buddy's pickup but you'll need a good ramp.

10/10ths

Live to ride, Ride to live.

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 06:53:49 AM »

Get your bike to Andy Marcer at Metric Motorcycles on 27th street in the Heights.

http://www.metricmotorcycles.com

Just do it.

"it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow."

Rare, 1 of 400, 1997 Monster 750, Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, '04 Honda RC51
hiero

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 11:21:01 AM »

Hey Dom, I know this is super late, but did you figure this out? (haven't checked the boards in a LONG while.

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: