Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:45:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The quest for a new motorbike...  (Read 25810 times)
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2014, 05:48:12 PM »

Congrats on the bike...love the color combo.   Dolph

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2014, 07:29:30 PM »

Congrats on the bike...love the color combo.   Dolph

Tks...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2014, 07:39:17 PM »

Given that I'm still smiling from Sunday's ride on the Hyper I definitely know the next bike has to be fun-fun-fun.

Not that the R12S isn't fun, it is. But it's not naturally hooligan fun.  Evil  You have to work more to get that and the fact that you have to work it a bit takes away from that fun.

So here's the list as it stands, and, I know, everyone has their favorites. Me too. It all depends on selling the R12S and if it doesn't sell then this is all academic.

KTM Superduke 1290R  ---- BMW S1000R ---- Ducati Hypermotard 1100S ( got to find those used ) --- Ducati Streetfighter --- KTM 990 SMR ( another rare one ) --- Ducati Hypermotard SP ( with the 821 4 valve ) -- BMW S1000RR  --- Aprilia RSV4 or Tuono --- Yamaha R1 ( 2015 )

They all have their good & bad points.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 10:29:14 PM by MadDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2014, 10:15:25 PM »

FWIW, three guys off of the ducati.ms Streetfighter subforum have recently either traded for, or just added, S1000Rs to their stables...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2014, 10:31:27 PM »

FWIW, three guys off of the ducati.ms Streetfighter subforum have recently either traded for, or just added, S1000Rs to their stables...

It's definitely one of the front runners!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2014, 07:18:50 AM »

and remember, as much fun as a motard is up Tantalus, it's gonna be not so much fun elsewhere...just sayin'
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:47:29 AM by Speed 3R Pilot » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2014, 08:09:41 AM »

and remember, as much fun as a motard is up Tantalus, it's gonna not so much fun elsewhere...just sayin'

Like on the H2 heading north?   Roll Eyes

freeflydive

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2014, 01:57:24 PM »

It's definitely one of the front runners!

I shamelessly recommend the S1000RR!  Evil

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 02:00:50 PM by freeflydive » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2014, 02:42:15 PM »

It's not at the top of the list but it's on the list. Ahead of any Aprilia in my book. That won't fly with DRKWNG but hey........

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2014, 10:26:29 PM »

I shamelessly recommend the S1000RR!  Evil

BTW ---- nice pic!   waytogo

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2014, 02:12:35 AM »

It's not at the top of the list but it's on the list. Ahead of any Aprilia in my book.

Meh.  Does nothing for the soul.  Plus, you have to put a bag over it's face, or only hit it from behind.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
freeflydive

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2014, 03:46:48 AM »

BTW ---- nice pic!   waytogo

Thanks, that day was a blast.  I'm still waiting on the painter to shoot my track bodywork to replace the OEM fairings...I can't wait for the next track day in June.  I have to admit, I was drooling all over a track dedicated 1199S on the paddock last wkend...and the guy was riding the wheels off it sideways!  I hope you all have a happy memorial day wkend...off to Ohio to visit the in-laws.  

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2014, 08:26:54 AM »

Meh.  Does nothing for the soul.  Plus, you have to put a bag over it's face, or only hit it from behind.

If we were out riding you'd only get to look at it from behind anyways.  Grin

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2014, 12:36:53 PM »

If we were out riding you'd only get to look at it from behind anyways.  Grin

Riiggghhhhttttt

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2014, 12:59:19 PM »

For the present time it looks like I'm holding onto the R12S.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: