Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:20:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to: GuzziDiag/Tunerpro for Ducs  (Read 59678 times)
pauldaytona

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2015, 12:10:00 PM »

Another point is that I'm not sure if the downloaded firmware file I got by using the GuzziReader is complete and bug-free. I didn't get any errors but it took about 15 minutes to download it and now I'm not sure if that went well. So if I flash the ECU with the termi firmware I won't be able to go back to the stock state, assuming that my backup is not consistent, you know.. Smiley

The normal download is 15 minutes for a 5am ecu. Guzzidiag does calculate the checksum of the downloaded file, at up and download, so when the reader or writer say it's ok it should ok.

Also the writer does not erase all memory, the part that lets the ecu communicate with guzzidiag isn't touched. So even if you have an error while writing, the ecu won't brick. In the time Guzzidiag exists, no single ecu was rendered unusable.

Some people have so little computer knowledge, that they can't find the downloaded file on the computer.
jerryz

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2015, 06:36:48 AM »

with a 5.9M ecu how can it do TPS reset Huh?
pauldaytona

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2015, 02:40:32 PM »

with a 5.9M ecu how can it do TPS reset Huh?

Should it do tps reset, what tps is in the bike? Could ducatidiag do tps reset? There is now IAW diag, because so many questions from other italian bike owners to support other ecu that need different connection code or other functions.

http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/IAWDiag_V0.46.zip

Try if it works with IAWdiag.

But if you have a linear tps(tps1c) you can use it, if you have a logarithmic tps, pf09, pf3c never use tps reset, you will never get your hardware settings back.

impulsive_duc

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2015, 12:15:24 AM »

But if you have a linear tps(tps1c) you can use it, if you have a logarithmic tps, pf09, pf3c never use tps reset, you will never get your hardware settings back.

I actually spoke with bradblack about this, and discussed a method by which you can recover a proper setting.

In fact, I accidentally did this to a bike.  Roll Eyes And only an expert shop foreman at Nichols Sportbike knew how to correct it!
The way to fix an "accidentally-reset nonlinear TPS" is documented here:

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/42-monster/406882-non-linear-tps-readings-vary-between-ecus-2.html#post4124577

I have the other fringe cases written up (nonlinear TPS reset if ECU reading is OK, ECU reset if TPS is OK), but did not post them as the above instructions cover the "worse-case scenario". If you wish me to post them, I can do so.
B.Cocq

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 01:44:12 PM »

The normal download is 15 minutes for a 5am ecu. Guzzidiag does calculate the checksum of the downloaded file, at up and download, so when the reader or writer say it's ok it should ok.

Also the writer does not erase all memory, the part that lets the ecu communicate with guzzidiag isn't touched. So even if you have an error while writing, the ecu won't brick. In the time Guzzidiag exists, no single ecu was rendered unusable.

Some people have so little computer knowledge, that they can't find the downloaded file on the computer.

Thanks for your explanation Smiley

Today I tried to change something harmless in my ECU software and wanted to write it back to the ECU. So I used the Guzzi Writer and noticed the error message "Error CAN 38.0" on the display while it was uploading. The upload seemed to work well, but what about that error message?

//Update
Another guy told me that the CAN Error should be a normal reaction of the ECU because the Guzzi Writer erases a lot of fuel tables first before writing back the newer ones. He also noticed a yellow triangle on the bike's dashboard during the flash progress which indicates this error.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 02:55:01 AM by B.Cocq » Logged
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2015, 07:17:14 AM »

Thanks for all the input Impulse_Duc . I've updated the first post with a warning about XDFs and BINs and fixed the broken images. Also if some has the S2R 1K DP bin and wants to upload it that would save me around $250   Wink .

Also for more code minded people, the FTDI drivers have the header file included so if you wanted to write something yourself it shouldn't be that hard.

B.Cocq, that is a odd error. Only the newer ducs(696 on) have CAN networks to the best of knowledge.

krista
... does she have a

ducati addict

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2015, 06:36:25 PM »

Hi JohnEE, and to add, if you HAVE one of those bikes and willing to help, we can send you the technology to easily make that happen...

Smiley Chris

Krista Kelley ... autist formerly known as chris
official nerd for ca-cycleworks.com
pauldaytona

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2015, 02:55:54 PM »

Thanks for your explanation Smiley

Today I tried to change something harmless in my ECU software and wanted to write it back to the ECU. So I used the Guzzi Writer and noticed the error message "Error CAN 38.0" on the display while it was uploading. The upload seemed to work well, but what about that error message?

//Update
Another guy told me that the CAN Error should be a normal reaction of the ECU because the Guzzi Writer erases a lot of fuel tables first before writing back the newer ones. He also noticed a yellow triangle on the bike's dashboard during the flash progress which indicates this error.

Wenn you up or download a map, the ecu goes into programming mode, and does not communicatie over the can  bus with the dash. All 59m/5am have can bus between dash and ecu. Because the dash doesn't see the ecu communicating it gives a can error.
jthunder

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2015, 04:31:47 PM »

First of all great work and spirit to this thread.  Thanks to all the people's efforts that make this happen, my donation is on the way.

I am looking to replace the dash on my 07 S2R1000/DP bike with a motoscope pro.  I have a guy who has made the wiring harness for the unit, and now I just need to disable the immobilizer.  It looks like the xdf file you posted for the S2R/DP shows the two bits that need to be flipped.  My plan once my cables arrive is to confirm they work, read the ECU with IAW5xReader, use the xdf with TunerPro to make the change, and write the ECU with IAW5xWriter.

There are a couple of other differences which I don't get in the xdf,

one is the 0x4D2DC value which changed from 25000 to 15000
second is the 0x390A value which doesn't exist in the original
third is the 0x7339 values

Do I need to worry about these or they are just additional fields that you discovered that can now be changed in TunerPro.  If so, should I look at tweaking these?

Thanks again.

pauldaytona

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2015, 02:18:41 PM »

First of all great work and spirit to this thread.  Thanks to all the people's efforts that make this happen, my donation is on the way.

I am looking to replace the dash on my 07 S2R1000/DP bike with a motoscope pro.  I have a guy who has made the wiring harness for the unit, and now I just need to disable the immobilizer.  It looks like the xdf file you posted for the S2R/DP shows the two bits that need to be flipped.  My plan once my cables arrive is to confirm they work, read the ECU with IAW5xReader, use the xdf with TunerPro to make the change, and write the ECU with IAW5xWriter.

There are a couple of other differences which I don't get in the xdf,

one is the 0x4D2DC value which changed from 25000 to 15000
second is the 0x390A value which doesn't exist in the original
third is the 0x7339 values

Do I need to worry about these or they are just additional fields that you discovered that can now be changed in TunerPro.  If so, should I look at tweaking these?

Thanks again.

Rule one: only change things where you have a clue what they do and what is going to happen. Don't change to much different things in the same map at once.  I'm not shure what three values you are talking about but just leave it as it is.   
jthunder

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2015, 01:58:02 PM »

So cables arrived, and while I wait for the roads to be cleared of gravel, I'm going to backup and investigate the map that my bike has.

I was wondering if anyone can offer any assistance locating where the immobilizer settings are in the S2R1000 xdf?

Thanks.
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2015, 02:05:52 PM »

So cables arrived, and while I wait for the roads to be cleared of gravel, I'm going to backup and investigate the map that my bike has.

I was wondering if anyone can offer any assistance locating where the immobilizer settings are in the S2R1000 xdf?

Thanks.

I might be able to help. Emphasis on the might...You'll need to send me your Bike's map. I should be able to figure it out.

impulsive_duc

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2015, 03:34:53 PM »

Wenn you up or download a map, the ecu goes into programming mode, and does not communicatie over the can  bus with the dash. All 59m/5am have can bus between dash and ecu. Because the dash doesn't see the ecu communicating it gives a can error.
As a followup, not all Ducati ECU use CANbus. Most Monsters use analog pulsed signaling to the dash. Most Superbikes use CANbus signaling to the dash.

You can tell if your bike uses CANbus by looking at the wiring diagram. If ECU pins Body20 and Body29 are used, it uses CANbus. All 59M/5AM hwardware may support CANbus, but not all firmware use it. All in all that error is a minor one and can be ignored, as PaulDaytona points out. It just means "ECU is unplugged/not responding", which is normal when it is in programming mode.

PS: jthunder please consider uploading your DP ECU stock, unmodified map to the FTP. Other people would really benefit from it!

Regarding the S2R 1000 DP, I have it but it is on the "work" side of my firewall. I was the one who added the immobilizer flags in the S2R DP XDF. There is a reason I put 2 flags and labeled "possible" and "likely" on there!!!  Roll Eyes I'd love to hear how JohnEE solved the problem.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:40:44 PM by impulsive_duc » Logged
JohnEE
Why not

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2015, 06:28:12 PM »

I haven't looked at the two S2R xdfs recently and couldn't remember which xdf already had it flagged....no need for passive aggressive colors just trying to help. And help myself as I need the DP map.

teogaz

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2015, 11:39:40 PM »

Hello everyone,
I've been having serious trouble with a M620 Dark. I see that some people in this forum do actually know what they are talking about, so any ideas welcome. The story is long and it has been posted on jp's site, so I won't reproduce it here. In short: friend forgets bike for 7 years, then decides to "revamp" and ride it. The red key has been lost and the immo's locked, we send it off to be fixed, some time later comes back. Bike starts, idles, works kind of o.k. after 4-4.500 but in between it's just horrible. New spark plugs are fouled after 5 minutes, the mixture appears to be impossibly rich. I've downloaded jpdiag - thanks jp250rs - some faults are present and cannot be erased. I've reset the TPS and played with the CO with no success. Then I turned to guzzidiag and downloaded the .bin file from the ECU to edit with Tunepro, as I'm somehow convinced that the map is screwed. Unfortunately I can't find the corresponding .xdf file. On "www.irok.org" I find 2 files for an M620 (a .bin and an .xdf) that seem relevent, however only some of the ECU data appear
Help!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:00:03 AM by teogaz » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: