Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 05:56:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: derby. Nyc tow company took my bike for joyride  (Read 3209 times)
Radracer6

« on: June 08, 2014, 12:33:31 PM »

Cops were cracking down yesterday i got pulled over on FDR. I was going to get my inspection done and was a block away when they pulled me. They took the keys and bike for expired inspection. They took about 6 bikes.

Anyway it got towed to knights towing in bk and they closed before i could get the bike. I have gps tracking on the bike and this morning i see someone took it out of the lot at 4 am and rode it up and down the street at 45mph 3 to 4 times. Still figuring out what to do when i go there tomorrow.
hydra

life is analog...

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 04:14:14 AM »

that is make the beast with two backsed up! i'd be pissed to say the least!
what did you end up doing???

S4 Foggy- tires, battery...
'04 BMW Boxer Cup Replika (R1100S)
BE WATER
696DCRider

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 04:45:36 AM »

subscribed  popcorn
Radracer6

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 05:04:48 AM »

I read some nasty reviews of the place on how they've replaced people's batteries with used ones and taken parts off their cars not to mention laptops and other belongings left behind after an accident .

I went down to the company, ofcourse no manager  there and lots of angry people. Imagine a small size dmv. To be perfectly honest I just wanted my bike at that pt. They towed me for inspection and after waiting for 3-4 hrs the guy ahead of me, because he didnt have his inspection, had to get a tow out of the tow company. How crazy is that?

Regardless my turn is up and they ask me what i got towed for. I lied and instead of saying inspection said i just didnt have my paperwork on me. I didn't want them to make me get another tow and hold the bike longer. They asked me again in a few minutes. I answered same, didn't have my stuff with me. Anyway they released the bike, I looked it over carefully and saw no damage. Got out of there.

The guy who opened the lot for me was so super nice it made me think he's the guy who rode it. I read some news articles on these guys how the owners had a criminal past and regardless still got the sole contract from NYPD so thinking police would be no help I just took the bike and left. I spoke to a lawyer but they said if no damages not worth it.
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 05:41:25 AM »

Might be worth talking to a news station about it. They're always looking for a reason to get their panties in a bunch.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
hydra

life is analog...

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 09:52:03 AM »

i would call the "Better Business Bureau" on them. they will definitely investigate and you can remain anonymous.

glad your bike is safe and sound! man that's some scary shit, you can't trust anyone these days.

S4 Foggy- tires, battery...
'04 BMW Boxer Cup Replika (R1100S)
BE WATER
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: