Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 13, 2024, 11:13:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engine swap, mystery hose.  (Read 1078 times)
Goggles Pizano

« on: July 10, 2008, 11:48:50 PM »

I am in the middle of an engine swap and while putting the TB back on I noticed a T shaped hose under the airbox that I have no clue where it came from.  It seems too big of a diameter to stay on the regulator.  I am pretty tired now so maybe I am just missing something.

Any hints or clues are appreciated.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 04:58:02 AM »

My 1st guess is that it is/was part of the breather system that went to the charcoal canister.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
EEL

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 07:56:32 AM »

Hmm, from memory (which means I might be wrong), there are only 2 T shaped hoses UNDER the airbox. 1 is the charcoal canister connection to the throttle bodies the second is the fuel supply line connection to the fuel injectors.

The fact that you say its a large diameter makes me think its the fuel line. I've been known to be wrong though. A picture is worth a thousand words..
cutter

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 08:36:13 AM »

I was just looking at this on my 900- the front of the t goes to the drain in the front of the airbox, the top goes to the back drain and the other end of the T goes to a drain tube that routes down the front face of the alternator cover. At least on my monster. Maybe it went back to the canister at one time, but the drain hose has a shaped tip that keeps it sealed.

My bike barfed oil up from the front cylinder once and it poured out of this hose onto my exhaust once creating a nutty smoke screen that my GF on her monster had to come up alongside me to get me to notice. This was on the highway riding for a while at 7500rpm, not sure what happened but it hasn't since.
Rameses
Local Moderator

*Your Mom* has a Hypermotard

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 10:12:46 AM »

I am in the middle of an engine swap and while putting the TB back on I noticed a T shaped hose under the airbox that I have no clue where it came from.  It seems too big of a diameter to stay on the regulator.  I am pretty tired now so maybe I am just missing something.

Any hints or clues are appreciated.

Can you tell us where the other end of the hose goes to?

That would greatly help.

Goggles Pizano

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 03:18:11 PM »

It was the drain hose.  They must have changed the design as the 620 only has a one point connection not a T.  So simple that I feel I made you all dumber for looking  laughingdp

Link to next hurdle, the PCIII map:  http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=6867.0

Thank you for the help here!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: