Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 07:10:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mission Statement  (Read 22412 times)
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« on: January 29, 2008, 03:50:44 PM »

DMF Mission Statement:

The Ducati Monster Forum was created to be a resource for Ducati Monster enthusiasts; a place to gather and share information, to network with current, former, and future owners, and to simply have some moto-related fun. 

We (introductions below) felt there was need for a place for positive discourse with the primary goal of just existing as a forum for its members, not for generating revenue through advertising.   We like Ducs, especially naked ones.  That's what brought you here and it's what brought us here and it's the focus of the DMF.

With that in mind,  a group former moderators of the Ducati Monster List and I have been putting this forum together with the help of some friends.   I'll try to answer some basic questions right off the bat, but if I can clarify in any way or answer any other concerns, please post up or PM and one of us will be happy to discuss it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 04:21:48 PM by Spidey » Logged

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 03:52:17 PM »

Introductions:

This is the current administrative group for this community who are responsible for running the show.  Yup, it's management by committee.   Grin

Statler:  I am an attorney in Batimore who runs a small firm that represents children in the foster care system.   I have been riding since 1990 and currently have an S4RS.   I have recently been hooked by the track and will be working more on that aspect of riding, although it is purely for fun with zero interest in competition.   For better or worse, the monster must share time with my other fair weather obsession; sailing.

Duck-Stew:  I own a small motorcycle shop in SoCal specializing in Ducati Monsters.  I've been riding since 1993 and have owned my share of Japanese motorcycles.  Once the Duc-bug bit, I was hooked and soon found myself surrounded my Italian machinery.  I'm part perfectionist, artist and mechanic all-in-one.  When I get the free-time, I ride my Cafe-Racer or my Multi-purpose bike; The MonkeyStrada.

ducpainter: I'm the old fossil from NH. Started riding in the early '70s and got away from it for quite a while. I have a small business painting motorcycles (burnt out on cars). I own a carbed 900 and a fuelie 750 SS trackbike. I prefer riding on the track. Everyone goes basically in the same direction and there aren't any cars. Anyone that makes the trip here will get a tour of my favorite loop(s). How much time ya got?   Wink

Speeddog: I guess I'm the near-fossil from SoCal. Started riding in '74, riding and racing motocross until the mid-80's. Started building a speed record bike in '87, first run at Bonneville in '91, culminating in records of 201mph at Bonneville and 197mph at El Mirage in '97. Always wanted a Duc, and finally got one, my '02 S4, in early '03. Just got a Duc-powered Cagive Gran Canyon. I'm a Mechanical Engineer, now building and wrenching on Ducs at Flight Cycles.

bigiain: I'm from Sydney Australia, I've been riding since '98, got my Monster in '99 (while still keeping my little Honda VT250 "learner bike"), and have been happiiy riding it (and the Honda) ever since. I'm not a mechanic (I'm a geek in real life, but I try not to talk about it too much), but I do all my own maintenance (including desmo valve shimming and engine rebuilds).

mitt:  I currently live in Iowa, and I'm a mechanical engineer at a large multinational corporation, but I use motorcycles for my sanity.  I starting riding full time in 2003, while living as an expat in Europe.  I bought my first bike (2003 M1000s) when I returned to the US in 2004.  I also try to DIY as much as possible, since my Ducati shop is 2 hours away, and I enjoy getting my hands dirty.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 08:17:19 AM by mitt » Logged

Statler
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 03:52:53 PM »

Ownership?  Well, there's not much here to own currently.   One of us has the domain name, and another is currently listed for the server account, and we've been making decisions as a group of eight.   But that's not really the point.  We came here because we all had such a positive experience with an online monster community, owned and operated by enthusiasts, not some corporate entity.  We're going to keep this community that way. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 02:43:47 PM by Spidey » Logged

Statler
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 03:53:35 PM »

Money?   We're running a negative.   Should the day come when the Forum breaks even and has a positive balance in an account, we'll tell you.  In fact we'll try to give a quarterly report in the appropriate thread.   Then we'll tell you what we're doing with that money.  In the (long) meantime, buy us a beer for making this place happen with our own time and funds.  We may work on getting sponsorship in the future, but are just trying to get things off the ground right now.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 02:44:05 PM by Spidey » Logged

mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 09:19:42 AM »

Webmasters?  Currently Bigiain and Mitt are trying to configure the new SMF Forum in a way that is easy to use and easy on the eyes.  If you have any problems using the DMF, let one of us know or post up in the Board Tech Issues forum, and we will do our best to fix it.

Mitt
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 02:44:45 PM by Spidey » Logged

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 11:26:06 AM »

Moderators?  Well, the current administration (all 7 of us at this time) will act as moderators.  We'll bring on more moderators shortly and have them introduce themselves here.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 07:29:53 PM by Spidey » Logged

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: