Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 02:19:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIKE @ 90mph VS. COYOTE.....  (Read 2073 times)
Asia1098

« on: July 12, 2008, 07:47:05 PM »

Just thought you guys might be interested at what can happen when an animal jumps in front of you while your going 90+mph. The rider is fine. His bike is messed up. The coyote is totally F@#$ UP....to put it bluntly. vomit

WARNING................there are some very graphic photos in here. Do not look if you are an animal lover or get queazy easily.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=108176

This was sent to us by one of the riders in our group.

Barry
I liked my Hondas, but I loooooved my DUC!!!
2004 Honda 599 Hornet in Ashalt....again.
2007 Ducati 1098 Smiley---SOLD!!!
2006 Honda VFR 800i---SOLD!!!
2006 Honda CBR 600rr---SOLD!!!
2004 Honda 599 Hornet yellow---SOLD!!!
Failure is success if we learn from it.
fastwin
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 06:07:36 AM »

Yeah, I heard somewhere that hitting wild animals on a motorcycle was never good. Really glad he didn't get hurt. Mr. Wil E. Coyote didn't fare so well. Looks like a turkey I once met. Yuck.
Asia1098

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 06:22:36 AM »

Yeah, I heard somewhere that hitting wild animals on a motorcycle was never good. Really glad he didn't get hurt. Mr. Wil E. Coyote didn't fare so well. Looks like a turkey I once met. Yuck.

I know....aren't those the coolest pics. Wouldn't have believed it if the pics didn't tell the story.  Shocked

Barry
I liked my Hondas, but I loooooved my DUC!!!
2004 Honda 599 Hornet in Ashalt....again.
2007 Ducati 1098 Smiley---SOLD!!!
2006 Honda VFR 800i---SOLD!!!
2006 Honda CBR 600rr---SOLD!!!
2004 Honda 599 Hornet yellow---SOLD!!!
Failure is success if we learn from it.
RichD

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 06:42:05 AM »

I killed a white owl once at about 110...
OUCH! (for me, I don't think the owl fealt much)

I split a turtle several months ago with RonR trailing just behind and to my right.
I fealt a "whump" and looked back to see him avoiding the pieces.

I saw what a wild burrow did to a Peterbilt just outside Yuma, AZ.
Avoid burrows at all cost.  Wink

DFW-MFer!
rsoffar

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 07:33:13 AM »

thats just insane... i would have never guessing you could hit an animal that big on a bike and manage not to go down.

'00 M900s
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 07:45:59 AM »

Right outta high school I was tooling along at about 50mph in my pimpin' 63 Ford Window Van when I hit an armadillo.  Nearly destroyed the front end on that poor van.

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 07:50:23 AM »

This is the last thing the Honda rider saw....

RichD

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 07:58:15 AM »

Why WOULD  the bike go down?
It has two gyros stabilizing its attitude as it travels down the road.  It has the advantage of momentum and hardness Vs. its target (think of swinging an axe).

A bike is inherently  stable -unless the operator does  something to upset that.

I would think as long as you don't lose tire pressure and impact something below the centerline of the wheel
you are good to go.

I've hit some of the weirdest things on the highway, squirrels, logs, pallets, opossoms, construction cones, truck retreads, etc...
As long as you don't panic, and just accept the bike is going to bobble around a bit ...and as long as it comes down on its wheels, things are (most likely) going to be just fine.

I've never ever crashed because I hit something.  
I have crashed because the idiot operating the machine did the wrong thing.

Think motocross.  Shift your weight back, relax your grip, stay the Eff off the brakes!

DFW-MFer!
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 08:08:10 AM »

Good advice from the Count.

Yesterday on my way home from Dallas I almost lost it.

Took I-20 to FM17.  Was going to cross over on FM17 to Grand Saline to catch Hwy-69 into Mineola.

Been this way before; FM17 is a nice road and a nice ride.

Came upon "Work Ahead" signs.  Came to the work area and all the machines were on the side of the road; the workers at home or the lake, but NOT at work.

So I slowed down anyways; 50-60mph.  Was cruising along just fine.  As I came around a corner I saw that at about 150 yards ahead the road turned to gravel!  DEEP gravel!

My (_!_) sucked up the vinyl on my seat, so I wasn't leaving the bike no matter what.  I got on the brakes and was able to slow to about 35-40mph before I hit the gravel.  What little sense I had left allowed me to completely release the brakes BEFORE I left the tarmac.  The bike swiveled and swerved and almost went down.  ALMOST!  Thank God.

What a trip.

It's always something.

Was wearing my brand new Vanson Mesh Jacket.  Not sure what the gravel would have done to it.  Glas I didn't find out.

Be careful folks!

never2loud
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 10:51:21 AM »

This is the last thing the Honda rider saw....

"...the last thing the ACME  Honda rider saw..." 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 10:54:03 AM by Cher » Logged
fastwin
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 10:55:46 AM »

I can vouch for Rich's stability comments. Even though I hit the turkey so hard it destroyed the front of the Busa, cracked open my Arai Corsair, knocked me out, gave me a concussion and oh yeah, almost forgot about all the crushed neck vertebrae I still stayed upright and rode the bike 500 feet down the road (knocked out, slumped over the tank and handlebars) before it drifted off into the opposite lane's ditch where it finally rolled to a stop from lack of momentum. Good stabile bike! [moto] waytogo
Kevin848

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 11:39:19 PM »

I can vouch for Rich's stability comments. Even though I hit the turkey so hard it destroyed the front of the Busa, cracked open my Arai Corsair, knocked me out, gave me a concussion and oh yeah, almost forgot about all the crushed neck vertebrae I still stayed upright and rode the bike 500 feet down the road (knocked out, slumped over the tank and handlebars) before it drifted off into the opposite lane's ditch where it finally rolled to a stop from lack of momentum. Good stabile bike! [moto] waytogo

WOW... did you keep the turkey's beard and feet  cheeky ... Seriously though amazing that you are around to tell that story from the sounds of it!
fastwin
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 06:09:40 AM »

Yes, I win the gnarliest surgery scars contest and made dozens of new friends at Baylor Hospital and Rehab! Just don't play that kids game with me and tap me on my shoulder from behind while you duck and hide the other way! I can't turn my head very well... unless it's to see a good looking woman, bike or car! waytogo

No turkey beard or feet. I had other things on my mind at the time... I was a little busy. Grin Mattie did take a few pics of the "two piece" turkey on the old board and Scott and Billy got to witness the Hayabusa's amazing stability firsthand. Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: