Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 03, 2024, 11:17:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truckers Monster Rebuild  (Read 298584 times)
DarkStaR

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2008, 09:09:32 AM »

vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit

vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit

tangueroHondo

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2008, 10:11:48 AM »

If you use a simple hand file and some touch up paint you will be as good as new. Just file down your rough edges and rust, mask off area and spray it.

Listen, you just don't understand:  If you put a hand file in my hands, there's no telling what I could fuk up.  I just spent hours cutting and chamfering my new snakeskin grips for the sides of my tank.  I don't have a bench grinder so I freehanded it with my dremel grinder and finished the job with a piece of sandpapaer I had lyting around.  They look like hell.  They're crooked and the edge finish is crappy.  Not everyone is talented.  You should qualify your mods with the phrase: "Results shown here are not typical - Use discretion when attempting these mods at home"  I'm happy when I get the lawn mower blade sharpened without losing a finger.
truckinduc

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2008, 06:09:09 PM »

so here are the triples. The paint really evened out the surface and looks good. A little shiny for my taist. They definitly dont look stock anymore.

now i can start on my top secret air box

VeryMetal

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008, 10:10:41 AM »

\

Ya man learning to weld is the first step. I am lucky enough to have 3 welders of my dads just sitting around, so i get some practice in every now and then.

The heat wrap is usually at auto parts stores. Easy to install, but soaking it in water makes it even easier. Ive personally had bad luck with pipe expansion breaking the wrap.

I think running with the belts off is fine, in my case. They dont really get exposed to much while riding, occasionally water, but that wont hurt.  Now once i ride my bike to work again i mught make something to cover them. I think UV light could damage them pretty bad over time. 

thanks for the comments, its definitly gonna be an all out fighter, no mistaking that

Thanks for replying man - The triples are looking awesome, you could go over them with some satin finish? Probably would dampen down the gloss. Yeah, I've been learning with an arc welder which is kind of hard but the consistency of my work is getting a lot better, can't wait to pick up a decent tig welder. My friends dad has a cnc machine and lathe all that cool stuff so I'm thinking about trying to make some really cool stuff but need ideas.. Gotta get a wider rear rim too.. Hmm. Think I'm gonna install that heat wrap in the next few days, it just changes the whole appearance of the bike haha.

I forgot to say - good luck with your recovery. I was in a bike accident four years ago in the UK, my left foot is still recovering. Once you gain some muscle mass back on the leg it'll progress a lot faster.

2002 Ducati Monster 750ie Dark
2005 Monster S2R Dark
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 10:56:59 AM »

so here are the triples. The paint really evened out the surface and looks good. A little shiny for my taist. They definitly dont look stock anymore.

now i can start on my top secret air box

When the paint cures you can hit them with some ribbing compound to take some of the shine off.

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
Carman

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008, 06:17:05 AM »

Feel for you on the broken femur, crushed mine a while ago, looks like your recovery is going well, keep up the thread, LOOKS AWESOME!!!

Carman
'07 S4RS
truckinduc

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2008, 09:51:38 AM »

CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY

DucatiBastard

"Apollonia" '06 S2R 800

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2008, 04:46:34 PM »

looking really badass so far, it takes major balls to slice a bike like that!  What is that tank from?   and speedy recovery on the femur, i've heard the best thing is pushing the physical therapy, if it hurts thats a good thing

Give a man a beer, and he wastes an hour.
Teach a man to brew, and he wastes a lifetime.

2006 Ducati S2R 800, 2004 Honda Dream 50R, 2001 Kawasaki W650, 1940 BSA M20
truckinduc

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2008, 06:33:52 AM »

aww come on you can guess what the tank is from. Its obviously ducati.
truckinduc

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2008, 09:45:25 AM »

ok, new shock location.

shock hangs down less than 1/4 inch more than stock exhaust.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2008, 10:33:41 AM »

I'm a bit confused now... I thought the bracing on the swingarm was for the shock mount.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
flanman

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2008, 11:03:38 AM »

I'm a bit confused now... I thought the bracing on the swingarm was for the shock mount.
same... perhaps he changes his mind often. Is this your new idea truckinduc?

truckinduc

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2008, 05:42:13 PM »

yep, new set of plans.
truckinduc

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2008, 05:55:09 PM »

anyone know where i can get some hiem joints and the weld in ends?
truckinduc

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2008, 06:01:39 PM »

I got to thinking about it and everything about an under engine setup made sense. I can change ride hight very easy now.  which i couldn't before. I can change leverage ratios, which will essentially be changing spring rates. I lower the center of gravity, and free up space i need for a battery. Sounds good to me. All at the expense of a little extra unsprung weight, but not much. sounds good to me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: