Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 03, 2024, 11:19:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Truckers Monster Rebuild  (Read 298617 times)
truckinduc

« Reply #225 on: September 02, 2010, 08:30:34 AM »

na its actually very simple. ill give you another hint.
truckinduc

« Reply #226 on: September 02, 2010, 08:32:54 AM »

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #227 on: September 02, 2010, 08:33:25 AM »

sheeeeeet

you aren't turning that too much!

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #228 on: September 02, 2010, 08:48:23 AM »

ahhhh.. you instibated the circular confabulator and the modular kreason has too much heptalagular radius...

I believe the hexaform compression unit would be adversely abrading the aforementioned heteroclitic axial retention unit.

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
TAftonomos
is without a monster :(

« Reply #229 on: September 02, 2010, 09:09:33 AM »

Pretty clear now....thought the flange for the nut was the same depth as the ring.

oops Smiley

DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #230 on: September 02, 2010, 09:35:55 AM »

Too bad, I really liked the eccentrics.

Can' you use a longer axle with a spacer behind the nut?

(Love this thread BTW.   waytogo  )

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
truckinduc

« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2010, 05:16:08 PM »

I believe the hexaform compression unit would be adversely abrading the aforementioned heteroclitic axial retention unit.

bingo.  It was a stupid mistake because I started making the pieces before I had the axle.

I like these too but its ok because version 2 will be even better. I made these manually, the new set ill knock out on the cnc.
truckinduc

« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2010, 06:48:26 PM »

started parts of the mockup swingarm.  the funny thing below the axle is a tool I made today.

it takes shitty things like this

and spins like this

which results in a nice flat and true face like this

so these can press in nice and flush, after coating.

also Im making one of these.

Baileigh TN-250 Tube & Pipe Notcher with Radial Vise Tubing Notching Pipe Coping Machine
Howley

« Reply #233 on: September 03, 2010, 12:47:09 AM »

Loooove this thread!
truckinduc

« Reply #234 on: September 05, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »

so anyone wanna tell me why I need a reed valve in my crankcase breather when none of my other bikes have a reed valve?
truckinduc

« Reply #235 on: September 05, 2010, 05:36:43 PM »

Here is why I ask.  I am designing my rear subframe mount and it would be better if I could make a smaller breather with no reed valve inside. The breather will be fed into my subframe for additional volume and then into the airbox.

Im going to take a guess and say the valve will close under negative pressure and help assist the other piston down. But is there ever really negative crankcase pressure?
Mojo S2R
Wearing a cape offline so that others know I am a

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #236 on: September 05, 2010, 09:59:36 PM »

Someone correct me if I am wrong.  I believe it's to prevent overflow.  I have a custom breather valve on my bike that does not have a reed valve and have not had any problems or overflow.  Though I don't do wheelies and this may be where it would become needed.

Raux
« Reply #237 on: September 05, 2010, 11:12:50 PM »

apparently the old TT F1 didnt have a reed valve. it had a oil seperater box in the tail under the batter. It allowed the oil to drain back into the case without blowing it out.

it was basically a two-chamber box with a air passage that stopped oil blowby.

a hose would run from the case to the box hidden.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #238 on: September 06, 2010, 02:05:45 PM »

None of the pantahs have a reed valve.

The crank vent nozzle has a short labyrinth which, combined withe the longer hose, does nearly the same job.  Reed works better with a short hose.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
truckinduc

« Reply #239 on: September 06, 2010, 03:26:12 PM »

well all in all the subframe, about 5 feet worth, should collect any oil on its inner walls and let it drain back down.  I ran for a long time with a bart simpson head on the breather with holes cut in it. never had oil puke out, just a slight residue after 1000 or so miles.

I guess im more interested in the performance of reed valve vs no reed valve.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: