Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 05:43:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 221   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: News  (Read 436052 times)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2015, 12:38:24 PM »

Sei un bambino

Así, ha pedido a la fábrica con la que tiene un año de contrato que le cambie su moto a Jordi Torres. De este modo el catalán iría a MotoGP y él estaría en Superbikes. Hasta aceptaría reducirse el sueldo o reengancharse en la segunda cita, Tailandia. Aprilia no está por la labor.

So, he has asked the factory, which he has a year contract, to switch rides with Jordi Torres. This would allow the Catalan to go to MotoGP and him to Superbikes. He would even accept a reduced salary or reattach to the second appointment, Thailand (whatever that means). Aprilia is not interested.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2015, 12:40:46 PM »

Desde el lado de Torres no saben nada de los intentos de Melandri y planifican la temporada con la mente puesta en las motos derivadas de serie. Ni se plantean la opción de correr en MotoGP.

From Torres' side, their not aware of Melandri's atempts and he's planning the season with the mentality of SBK. The MotoGP option is not on the table.

Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2015, 12:45:54 PM »

Pretty much this:

Spanish:
Yo no quiero montar el burro.

Italian:
Non voglio cavalcare l'asino.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2015, 12:58:36 PM »

Marco ... sei un bambino

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Needle99

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2015, 01:27:42 PM »

I assume Aprilia are using him as a sacrificial lamb this ywar to help develop the bike. Them hoping he was capable of that.
Appears that may not end well for them.

I am a little surprised at just how far off the pace they are.
thought they would be closer to Suzuki at this stage.

2004 S4R, Full Termi Kit, marving midpipe, DP Clutch pressure plate, Rizoma Open Clutch Cover,  Ducabike Slave Cyl and some tasteful carbon blingy goodness
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2015, 01:30:17 PM »

It's a completely new engine that they pretty much pulled out of their ass.

Needle99

« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2015, 01:52:43 PM »

I assumed they had a starting point for testing ready.
I am often wrong  Grin

2004 S4R, Full Termi Kit, marving midpipe, DP Clutch pressure plate, Rizoma Open Clutch Cover,  Ducabike Slave Cyl and some tasteful carbon blingy goodness
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2015, 06:30:10 AM »

Melandri's previous record in MotoGP wasn't all that red hot either. He had much more success in WSBK. Can't blame him for wanting a competitive bike.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2015, 07:24:16 AM »

Yeah, but he was on the unrideable Duc. It's his first time on a MotoGP bike in years. The jump from WSBK to MotoGP these days is huge, much worse than from Moto2 since the bikes handle similarly.

Aprilia took their "open" bike and put pneumatic springs. Ducati has been trying for the better part of a year and a half to rework their bike.

triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2015, 02:47:13 PM »

The Ape is a work in progress, no doubt, but it's not just the bike -- Melandri was down nearly two seconds on Bautista on the same bike. He left folks in his pits wondering just what the hell it was they were watching:

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/214542/1/aprilia-we-didnt-see-the-real-marco-melandri.html

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2015, 04:02:16 AM »

Silverstone

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/British+Grand+Prix+to+run+at+Silverstone

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
TitanMonsterS4R

Yup, it's supposed to sound like that....

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2015, 08:59:14 AM »

GP15 out Monday according to motomatters.com:

New Ducati Desmosedici GP15 to be presented next Monday

The Ducati Team to take part in the 2015 MotoGP World Championship will be presented on Monday 16 February at 11am at the Ducati Auditorium in Borgo Panigale.

During the event, which has been organized in collaboration with Telecom Italia, the 2015 sporting activities will be presented and the team’s official riders Andrea Dovizioso and Andrea Iannone will pull the wraps off the highly-awaited Desmosedici GP15.

The entire presentation can be viewed in live streaming on the Ducati website (www.ducati.com), on the mobile phone platform www.timrace.it and on TIM’s Facebook pages. The event can also be followed on Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #TIMDucati.

Don’t miss this appointment with the passion and excitement of the world of Ducati, in anticipation of seeing the new GP15 for the first time in action during the next official MotoGP test session, scheduled for Sepang from 23 to 26 February.

06 Monster S4R - Red/Black Final Edition
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2015, 02:00:35 PM »

popcorn

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/Ducati+Desmosedici+GP15+to+be+presented+in+Italy

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 04:56:52 AM by kopfjäger » Logged

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2015, 04:58:31 AM »

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/BMW+M4+Coup+to+head+MotoGP+Safety+Car+fleet

triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2015, 07:59:24 AM »

I'd count this as good news for American motorcycle racing; Mike Lock seems to have a good track record of resurrecting badly faded motorsport brands:

http://superbikeplanet.com/2015/Feb/150213lock.htm

And right next to it, Soup links back to a fascinating interview they did with him back when he was CEO of Ducati North America - too much good stuff in there to pick just one thing:

]http://superbikeplanet.com/2007/Aug/070808-f13.htm[url][/url]

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 221   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: