Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 18, 2024, 07:05:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bike Was Stolen  (Read 17737 times)
He Man
Post Whore

« on: December 29, 2014, 07:20:22 AM »

Any idea on tips on what to do next?

I filed a police report already. We have video footage but license plate is unclear and I have craigslist as my home page. This is my DR650. It does not have full coverage due to the purchase price and the cost of insurance in NYC and the deductible ( I would of only walked away with $1500 the first year, and then $1000 the next year).

Nevermind the lack of full insurance, but im hoping my parts pop up for sale so I can start getting some contact info. Do people usually post it everywhere? Im thinking to not post up on the DR forums and the advrider forums just because people read it and will spook out and not post the parts for sale.

so close to finishing the year out too.  Undecided

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 10:12:18 AM »

Sorry to here this.  The only suggestion I can think of is maybe the license plate number can be enhanced.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 10:20:33 AM »

Hopefully the cops don't just leave this thing hanging. (which they probably will). What can you do. Sad

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 07:07:07 PM »

No advice.  Sorry man, that sucks asses.  All of them.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
d3vi@nt

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 07:59:37 PM »

Do you have access to the video?  If so, can you post it up on youtube and see what shakes out? Might get lucky and somebody recognizes the vehicle or something...

Good luck. I hope they find the @-holes.

'13 MTS GT
'99 ST2
'07 M695 - Sold
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 12:25:25 AM »

Sorry to hear K.

2015 Scrambler 800
2004 GSXR 750
1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 08:04:22 AM »

Just to add to the mix: a friend of mine had her DR250 stolen 2 weeks ago in Bed-Sty.  Could be a trend so it might be worth considering extra security measures for those of you that have your bike(s) parked outside.

Anyway, sorry to hear that, He Man.   boo

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 10:44:33 AM »

Just to add to the mix: a friend of mine had her DR250 stolen 2 weeks ago in Bed-Sty.  Could be a trend so it might be worth considering extra security measures for those of you that have your bike(s) parked outside.

Anyway, sorry to hear that, He Man.   boo

That's ironic. I was parked about 15 blcoks from bed stuy. 2 weeks ago a Ducati 696 was also stolen from Bed Stuy. Sounds like the same guys to me. Did she report it?

I got the video of the dude robbing my bike. going to pick it up now from the store owner and he said u can see his face. Hopefully I can grab a good still and plaster the guys face on the internet. If I find this dude, he can have my bike. Im taking his thumbs.

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 12:47:04 PM »

Yeah, she reported it.  But no follow up as far as I know.  She's just hoping to get enough from insurance to get a replacement.

Bike thieves should have more than their thumbs removed, FWIW.

"I doubt I'm her type---I'm sure she's used to the finer things.  I'm usually broke. I'm kinda sloppy…"
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 01:38:25 PM »

BINGO.

We have some leads.

1. The vehicle

The van picture is a Atlantic Appliance Co van. It appears to be an older early 90s style Dodge 1500 LONG BODY van. They have two known locations outisde of the city near Mt. Kisco. It is likely that the delivery drivers live in NYC and completed their rounds the day before and slept in their home. They wake up early in the morning and drive back to the warehouse to pick up new cargo and deliver in the city again.

2. The thieves

It is likely that there are multiple vans that Atlantic Appliance Co uses, therefore not all the drivers are the same. The theives are seen from 3:05 am and waited approximately 25 minutes prior to stealing the first bike. and circled the block once and stole the second bike. It is unclear why they waited so long. Either out of stupidity, fear of getting caught and one of them was egging the other on to complete the job...who knows.

3. My request

Please keep an eye out for all vehicles that show Atlantic Appliance Co on the side. Chances are they have multiple vehicles but perhaps there are telltale signs that show on the vehicle.

I do not know if the vehicle is stolen.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:41:22 PM by He Man » Logged

1.21GW

bikeless

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 05:18:17 PM »

Nice work, Columbo.  Will keep an eye out.  waytogo
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 07:34:07 PM by 1.21GW » Logged

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 07:12:59 PM »

Note:

Its possible that the van does not belong to the Atlantic Appliances, it would just mean that it was sold and the vans old paint remained.

Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 10:28:44 PM »

Or stolen.  Anyway, contacting these Atlantic Appliances folk might not be a bad idea.  I would start by asking if they deliver to Brooklyn.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 06:41:23 PM »

Some good news and bad news and updates

Good News:

My GF's bike was found! And its practically untouched!

Bad News:

My bike is still MIA

___

Updates, they know who did it. But cannot find him. Apparently, hes been rebadging VIN numbers on bikes with clean ones that he has titles with. That means that eventually my bike will be on sale on CL somewhere. If hes going to go as far as marking the engine I don't know. that means that I when I find my bike, my VIN will not match on my frame. But it may still match on my engine. Aside from that, I have no way of saying its mine. His vin will be legal, his title will be original since he legit washes the ink off the old title and resells it.

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 12:14:14 PM »

"legit washes the ink?"

WUT?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: